Unable to Start Arak Questlines

I have done all story chapters in all other zones besides Tanaan. Vindicator Icia has no quest for me; therefore, I cannot start News from Spires of Arak. Bodrick Grey has no quest for me; therefore, I cannot start Arakkoa Exodus. The Spires side of the Terrokar Pass has no NPC’s in it, not even Azik. Azik’s canopy on the left side of the Pass is empty. I am supposedly able to start the quest Syth’s Secret, the giver for which is apparently in the middle of Spires, but the giver according to the map does not exist. The actual giver according to the Wiki page, Reshad, is near the supposed point but neither he nor Percy have a quest for me. I am also able to start the quest Defungination at Pinchwhistle Gearworks, but it’s not a part of the main questlines, so I haven’t bothered to check whether the quest giver is actually there. I have absolutely no memory of doing these quests beforehand, and if I did, would I not be able to pick up Syth’s Secret or some other quests down the line? This is rendering me incapable of achieving Draenor Pathfinder to unlock flying.

Thank you for your insight.

Edit: Maybe there’s some obscure breadcrumb quest from my Garrison that I need to do first? I doubt it, but I still haven’t done all the little side missions or invasions. The things I have left to do are:
Quests: “Mystery Notebook” “Greatfather Winter is Here!” (Seasonal) “Cenarion Concerns” “For the Birds” “Auctioning for Parts” (Ancient Trading Mechanism) “Taming a Talbuk” “Proving Grounds”

Dailies: “Maw of Souls” “Battle Pet Roundup” “Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords” “Where are the Children?” “Menacing Grumplings” “Grumpus” “What Horrible Presents!” (Seasonal)

Invasions: “Iron Horde Invasion!” “Shadowmoon Invasion!” “Ogre Invasion!” “Botani Invasion!” “Shadow Council Invasion!”

And any chains of quests these may start.
Again, not certain if they’re relevant, but I can’t rule anything out in this game honestly.

I am replying to this so I can come back and find it when I am in the game but I was just doing those areas today and I got a quest when I was in another zone for that. I will see if I can find it.

No, I can’t see the NPC anymore. It was in Gorgrond that one came up to me but I am in a different phase now so I might end up with the same problem as you. Gorgrond was the only zone I did though so it might come up in Talador again for me.

When you look at the map is there a quest mark? Usually this is the way to see where the zone quests begin.

Have you done the Quest to get the Scavenger Yard in your Garrison?

Does this help at all?

I hope it means the arakkoa have left the area - on a trek beneath the cover of sunless skies and slipping through shadow realms, on their way by talon to be welcomed by, to be one with, and to be home among the horde.

…but you’re asking about Spires?

boderick doesn’t start News from Spires.

read the top comments here:

No, there is no quest mark on my map for the beginning quests in the chain. The Salvage Yard’s unlocking quest, Flame On, seems to be unobtainable for me as well, as Krixel Pinchwhistle, the questgiver, has no quest for me either. Didn’t seem immediately relevant so wasn’t mentioned, but no to both.

The Wowpedia page for the Spires questlines is what I originally used to find the potential questgivers to start the chain. I believe I’ve looked at everything there that may be of use, but feel free to inform me further.

1 Like

If I remember right though, it actually starts in Talador (right on the edge) where you are introduced to the zone.

:cookie:

I’m not certain of how Spires phasing works for Skettis, but for me the city is still being overrun by the Adherents, with Arrakoa Outcasts fleeing the scene, which I don’t believe is intended to happen if the Arrakoa have left the area? This is the first character I have that has access to Arak fully, which is why I’m so concerned.

Did you ever figure this out?S Same happening for me.

Hi, if anyone else was about to uninstall in frustration:

Talk to Jasper Fel in Spires of Arak 46, 45.

This started the quest lines for me, hope this is everyone else’s problem too.