Unable to select certain characters as my forum avatar

When I go to the character select screen through the forums it lists most of my toons across the different versions of the game, but three of them are missing. All three were characters I chose to leave a copy on the classic era realms and then advanced through TBC and WOTLK on the Westfall realm. I can select the copies that are two level 60s and a level 53, but it won’t let me select the current versions that are two level 80s and a 74. The two 80s are Villania and Lagooshka and the 74 is Murderhobo. I’ve tried the steps in the FAQ and when they didn’t work it says the next thing is to make a thread here asking for moderator investigation.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there isn’t any specific “moderator investigation” that can be had here as this forum is one for players to assist other players. It is not a contact point for staff.

I’m not sure what the FAQ suggested, but have you tried logging completely out of the forums and back in? And if that didn’t work, then the only other thing you can really do is to try changing your password, see if that won’t force an update.

If neither of those options work, then you’ll need to post in the Website Bug Report forum. Mind you, it is one-way communication, you’re reporting a bug. Very rarely is there a response, but reports are collected.

It’s a sad truth but the forums kind of have a mind of their own. Sometimes they update and work fine. Other times, they do not. It catches up when it catches up and there is no way to force a fix beyond what I suggested above, nor is there anything that the SFAs or mods can do to remedy the situation specifically.

5 Likes

I get this problem and oddly when it happens I can’t even log out.

No matter what, I log out, restart the browser goto the forums and I’m still logged in.

The only way I can fix it is to delete all blizzard.com cached data and cookies which allows me to actually log out and log back in and then it’s fixed.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue for over 7 months, tried the recommendations that Leilleath linked before, have reported it a couple of times, but this is still an issue for me as well.

I know there’s almost never any official response on things here in the website bug report forum, but stuff like what I mention worry me about if anyone cares when issues like this go on for more than half a year…

A lot of my Wrath Of The Lich King Classic characters are missing from the forum select. I logged into the game on them recently, but they don’t show here. The Horde side shows up, but not the Alliance characters.

1 Like

yeah this is annoying, they know about it but how long it’s going to take to fix is up in the air

1 Like

I can’t select ANY of my other characters for the forums. I can see them all, when I hit ‘change character’, they come up in the menu, but I can’t actually select any of them.

This is the situation for me at the moment.

Additionally I’m forced into the first character I ever created, and can’t choose my actual main or current alts.

just wanted to add that the blue steps above worked perfectly for me

thank you!