Unable to see anything but shadows in Ny'alotha raid

When I zone into Ny’alotha I can’t see anything but shadows under the character and mob. The exit portal doesn’t appear though if I run through where it should be I can zone out. Wrathion’s model isn’t there but I can /tar wrathion and when the battle is active I can fight. However it is near impossible to do that fight as no battle elements or anything shows up. I did not have this problem when I did this raid yesterday on another character. I also checked other raids like the Cataclysm final raid and everything shows up fine there.

Lastly the group I intended to raid with none of them had this issue but when I checked again I grouped up with another person and they stated that they also couldn’t see mobs or anything and all they could see was our shadow on the ground so it wasn’t just my PC. I’ve tried disabling all addons and that didn’t help.

22 Likes

This is happening to me, did you get a fix?

Nope. Still dealing with it. Was hoping maybe reset next week will change it somehow.

Happening to me in heroic, but worked fine in normal.

Exit out of the game entirely and then get back in. I had 3 people in my raid group with this issue and exiting the game and coming back in fixed it.

13 Likes

I have one guildie experiencing this. Everyone in the instance can see and interact with him. Happened last week and after reset this week. Exiting game, leaving warmode, removing addons, reloading ui, nothing fixed it. He finally just did the fight last night by watching shadows. As soon as Wrathion died, he could see everything.

6 Likes

This just happened to me as well and I pretty much had to watch shadows to see where to go. Only happened on wratihion and as soon as he died I could see everything.

Honestly, that is pretty stupid if this many people are having this same bug then it had to show up in testing somewhere. Needless to say its a much more difficult fight watching shadows and dots on a mini map

2 Likes

Happened to me too, I could only fix it by restarting the game. Not sure if its related but I also kept falling through the lift approaching Xanesh - as soon as the lift got to the top level I fell through it, as did a few other guildies.

Gfx card is a 2080ti running DX12

1 Like

also had this happen to me just now. awful–reloading ui, logging in and out, changing graphic settings. none of that fixed it. as said earlier only fix is closing the game entirely and restarting. how on earth does this ship lol

This has happened on the last 2 Wrathion encounters for me aswell. LFR, other bosses were fine. As soon as Wrathion died everything appeared including Wrathions lootable corpse. Very weird

1 Like

Just occured to me as well.

This has happened to me in LFR twice, haven’t even attempted to join actual raids because I know I’d get booted instantly.

Not that it contributes anything meaningful to the discussion AT ALL, qutting out and loading back in fixed it. What a weird issue.

Just happened to me in LFR so had to take the deserter buff. Really weird bug that needs to be fixed…

Just happened to me in LFR on Wrathion.

This is still happening, just happened to me, tried rezoning and exiting/logging back in but no change. Had to eat the 30m deserter buff on the alt…

Still happening to me to. I see lots still having this problem but no fixes mentioned. I’m lucky I have an older computer right beside me and I’m able to switch comps instantly once I see shadows still. My Alienware Area 51 is a year old and shouldn’t be having any of these problems!!

Closing wow and reopening it worked for me!

Closing Wow worked but I want a better solution for that Blizzard! We are paying so we can chill and have a good Raid night, bugs like that must be fixed!

2 Likes

did anyone get a fix. this still happen for me? everytime I come to this raid.

1 Like