Unable to save UI changes in edit mode

Not sure whats happens. But I cant change my UI at all because everytime I click save nothing happens. When I click exit it prompts me that I’ve made changes and asks if I want to save and exit. I try hitting save and exit but nothing happens so I am fforced to exit…

3 Likes

Been having the same issue.

2 Likes

Same here. This issue has been quite frustrating on top of the layouts being deleted.

Hey there,

This unfortunately may be a new bug which causes the Save to not work in Edit Mode. Our QA and WoW team are investigating.

You may want to try copying the layout, then save it as a new layout to see if that will let you edit and save it again.

1. In Edit Mode click the layout drop down and select the layout you want to copy
  2. Click the layout drop down again and select Share → Copy to Clipboard
  3. Click the layout drop down and select Import
  4. In the Import Layout window press Ctrl+V to paste the contents of your clipboard, then save it under a new layout name.
1 Like

I tried this today. I created a new layout with a different name…just called it Test 2 and it wouldn’t let me move anything even with it being imported. I then created a whole new layout with yet a 3rd new name. Half way through trying to recreate my UI…it just stopped being able to be saved. I even deleted my layout cache in the WTF folder for all characters and overall. Then created a new layout and tried again. Once again it stopped being able to be saved. It seemed to do it after I did something to the Raid Frames. I then tried yet one more time and moved the Raid Frames first…and then never touched them again. I was then able to recreate my original UI and save.

Sadly this fix didn’t work for me. The error that is stopping me from saving updates is also stopping me from importing new UI layouts.

Having the same issue. Hopefully Blizzard gets this and many other issues fixed (feldrake not showing up) before people start dropping their subs.

I found a better fix: make sure Raid Frames and Boss Frames are turned on during Edit Mode, then /reload

3 Likes

Thank you for this, how ever you managed to figure it out. :grinning:

This worked for me, Thanks!

The error messages everyone has been posting showed the problems were with raid frames and boss frames. From there it was some trial and error to find a consistent way to stop and start the Lua error.

This is what I found. Patch on NOV 28 has coding error for edit mode. If you make any changes to chat box the layout will not save. I was able to make changes & save without chat box changes . Also, I had exported a layout pre NOV 28 patch and am able to load and save it. It has changes to chat box and it worked. I can move the chat box however I can’t change the size of the box or I loose the layout again. So I have a good usable layout again without bartender. Hope that helps. Something in the edit layout coding for the chat box is screwing up the layout save. That is what I have found out for me and works. Oh… export your layout & save. Its a pain but will be stop gap till patch fix.

Jambrix, this doesn’t fix it.

All my elements fly down to the left hand side of my screen.

No addons, fresh Wtf, interface, and cache folders…

I cannot play the game!

Please tell me the team is actively working on fixing edit mode RIGHT NOW!

1 Like

Doesn’t fix my problem :frowning:

Still happening a month later.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.