Unable to revert transfers

These transfers are only useful if you transfer with a community

i donā€™t blame blizz honestly, ppl have been screaming for more servers because of the queues.

2 Likes

You have a bad friend.

This is incorrect. Blizzard said they added more layers to help out with the queue times. There is currently a cap that they have for layer population size hence the server queues.

Iā€™d nnot worry too much, which ever of the new servers you went to, wont stay low pop for very long. Server transfers just opened, new players will come.

I have lots of friends who have been holding off to see what happens with servers, plus some of those server names are pretty sweet, like Heartseeker and Earthfury.

They will fill in and blizzard even said down the road if servers are low pop and stuff they will try to condense them to keep them active and populated.

In my opinion i would say to hell with your friend and stay on your new server. you will hit max faster and have new friends there with similar experiences.

None of these servers are dead, not even the low pop ones.

They upped the server cap to help with the queues and added more layers to give those people someplace to go.

Two totally different concepts.

Biggest problem being that when they collapse the layers, there has to be space in the world to fit all those extra people beyond the original comfortable population.

More than likely that already takes account for the server total cap. Layering doesnā€™t add more people just spreads the population put. So when they remove layering everyone just appears on one layer.

Wow if there was only a way to solve that problem. Like a queue of some sortā€¦?

Yup. So if they upped the server pop from say 5k to 8k, now we have an 8k population and a LOT of increased contention for resources in world that was only designed to service 5k.

So, youā€™re advocating putting a 5k population cap back on the servers with a now 8k regular playing population - therefore guaranteeing every day queues.

Keep in mind that right now that server has population of say - 32k thatā€™s sustainable only by layering.

Iā€™m advocating keeping the 8k layer population and removing the other layers.

What? Server cap is like 10 or 12k from last I heard. But I hear what you mean though. Might be a queue anyway. I think they really should just lock servers once they reach cap and when the drop off happens open them up. Not a business wise move but a technical answer IMO.

So, an instant 24k queue, if the server currently has a 32k population.

This will drive up free sever transfers which they should be doing already. Layering is not a long term solution.

1 Like

I"m just pulling numbers out of the air, I have no idea what the reality is. BUT if youā€™re correct, then that actually makes it worse, since even if thereā€™s only single-digit layering, and say they have six layers, that means we have 50-60k people on a server that can only realistically service 10k.

Which means if they collapse the layers, we have either 50k queues, or 50k people all sitting in each otherā€™s laps.

Yes exactly. The queues would be insane. Or you knowā€¦ take the server transfer and start playing right away.

Of course itā€™s not. It was never meant to be.

But geez, itā€™s only been 12 days. There will be a lot of people who will leave, their playtime will drop from two hours a day to two hours a week, other things will come up. Population will drop.

As to whether it will drop enough to allow a server that now has 5x the population it can support to work with one layer ā€¦ who knows. Blizz doesnā€™t.

Only weā€™ve already got people on the forums whining about ā€œI moved from Herod to this other server and now thereā€™s no one to play with, and Blizz wontā€™ let me move back.ā€

People on the forums shouldnā€™t be allowed to post. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I bet once 8.3 rolls out or they get bored the flood gates will open and kids and bfa tourists will go back and queues will drop like a stone.

[quote=ā€œTheknuckle-felstriker, post:1, topic:288901, full:trueā€]

My RL friend wanted to move to felstriker from argul so i did. then he changed his mind cause he was told the servers dead.[/quote]

sounds like this is your friends fault and not blizzards that you cant play with them. sorry brother but you were warned before hand that the transfer is not reversible.