Unable to Return to Dragon Isles [SOLVED]

Hello!

So I just got access to the Dragon Isles and have been questing through it (it’s nice!), however I decided to hearthstone to Stormwind to transmog my gear to look consistent. I’ve discovered now that I cannot get back. I do not have a dalaran hearthstone and cannot use the portal to the Dragon Isles. I also cannot get on board the ship as my Stormwind Harbor is phased onto the Battle for the Broken Shore Legion prologue quest (every time I get close to the ship it vanishes, replaced with the Alliance Invasion fleet).

Normally I’d just play through the Legion quest a little and get my harbor unphased, however the problem is that nobody plays that content anymore, and there is a whole section (fighting that boss in the Fel at the end after the encounter with Gul’Dan) that is dependent on other Horde players engaging and doing damage. Otherwise the boss just sits there… forever…

I’ve tried abandoning the Legion quest (doesn’t work), I’ve tried going to Chromie (no option to break the timeline), I’ve tried accepting Battle, starting it, and then abandoning it, and that doesn’t work either.

I’m kind of at a loss here. Have I softlocked myself? Does anyone have ideas? Or can help at all?

Thanks!!

EDIT: I’m stupid and got the Broken Isles and Dragon Isles mixed up. I can’t return to the DRAGON Isles and Dragonflight. My bad!!!

Check ur toybox for dalaran hearthstone.

I don’t have one there (grayed out), but if the quest is started and finished outside the Broken Isles I should be able to get one, I think

EDIT: don’t seem to be able to start the quest to get the item - if it requires getting deeper into the Legion story I don’t think I’ll be able to either

If you’re trying to get back to the Dragon Isles, there’s a ship that runs from the Stormwind docks. It’s the first dock, look for Chrovo, he can tell you how long before the Rugged Dragonscale departs again. Also, the portal to Valdrakken might be available in the portal room - turn left at the junction in the portal room, last alcove on the left side.

If you’re trying to get to The Broken Isles (Legion), there should be a portal to Azsuna - same side of the portal room, first alcove on the RIGHT.

Otherwise, you can try asking for a mage portal from Stormwind - there should be a mage willing to help you out.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I can’t access the boat to the Dragon Isles because my harbor is still phased for Legion - it just vanishes when I get close. And I guess I didn’t get far enough in Dragonflight because the portal to Valdrakken is not interactable for me.

I’ll have to just try and get a mage to help, just need to find a busy place I suppose

Mages can teleport to whatever city you’re in then create your portal.

1 Like

Yeah, I just (I’m such a noob, sorry) need to figure out what chat channel (or city to go to?) to post my teleport request in. It doesn’t seem like there’s a world/server global chat?

I’d recommend just completing that intro, Aethlynis. That should allow you to board the ship to continue questing in Dragonflight.

The quest you were on is The Battle for Broken Shore. You should only need to complete that, The Fallen Lion and Demons Among Us to return things to their proper phase.

4 Likes

Trade chat will work. Or the newcomer chat

I have a mage on Wyrmrest Accord, it’s just a Horde mage, or I’d help.

Or that… :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll give the Battle another go. Maybe I’ll get lucky and there will be a Horde player online to damage Krosus, or maybe I just did something wrong last time/needed to wait longer for him to reset and come back to the Alliance side

Thank you for the help though!!

EDIT: Good news! Finished those three Legion quests and got my harbor unphased! Guess I just got unlucky my first go round of Battle on the Broken Shore and thought I was more screwed than I actually was. Thanks for the help, folks!! Appreciate it :))

4 Likes

Good news is you can skip it on all alts going forward.

1 Like

I’ve been there!

Glad to hear you’ve got it sorted. Welcome to Fantasy The Dragon Isles!

2 Likes