Unable to Reclaim Disk Space from WoW Classic

So I uninstalled WoW to free up disk space. And then I noticed that no new disk space had been freed up.

So then I looked it up and tried all the steps in the Blue Post from this post:

Defragged, cleaned the disk, made sure the file was deleted in my system files, deleted it again in the recycle bin, restarted several times and yet the space never moved.

When I last saw the file, WoW Classic was taking up about 200gb of space… that is space I would really like to get back. And I don’t have much else I can delete on my tiny 500gb drive.

And steam won’t let me install a certain large game until I get the space needed. Any help or advice would be appreciated. And if I figure out what to do I’ll post it here. There are other games that I still play regularly that I could delete to make way for the new game but I don’t want to delete those when I should have 200gb+ of space from deleting WoW.

For reference my C Drive is an SSD

I would really like technical support to answer this but any help is appreciated.

Howdy Thromnabular,

Best thing to do here is launch the Battle.net app and let it reinstall the game, once that is done uninstall the game using the Battle.net app.

If that doesn’t work or if it says there isn’t enough room then the issue is with windows. Personally I would reinstall Windows at this point to clear all the left over files.

Okay, I will try that. I’m not sure about that reinstalling windows though. Don’t really want to backup and reinstall all my games and files

Update: That didn’t work. Is there anything else I can do besides reinstalling my entire PC?

Just a thought.
Do the reinstall again, but tell the installer to install the game on another hard drive.
Then see if the program freed up the space on the drive you want to use.
You do need a subscription to wow in order to do this.
Good luck.

Interesting suggestion. Any reason why that might work? I’m worried it’ll just eat up another 200gb or whatever it uses on another hard drive and then ill be down 400gb.

Although I do not currently have Wow Classic installed it was not that big when I did.
Only wow retail is about 91 GB now.
When I did delete the Classic folder. My SSD showed back to that amount.

Question…
Did you upgrade your windows while you had WoW Classic installed. Reason I say this is for windows might have saved the copy along with the old windows install. Thus is Windows that would be holding on to the roll back to previous system.
Or you might have a backup program that is holding the space.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.