Unable to reach ra-den in throne of thunder

After killing Lei Shen, I am unable to reach ra den, from what ive seen youre supposed to use the displacement pad after killing lei shen and you will get teleported to the hall of flesh where theres a stairway to go down, however, when i click the displacement pad all it does is send me back to the area above lei shen’s arena, where it should send me to the hall of flesh, Is there something im doing wrong? when i re enter the instance it says ive killed all bosses except ra-den which is still available, and ive also tried resetting instance/ reloading ui, no luck. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

1 Like

Are you doing the raid on Normal or Heroic? Ra-den is only available if you complete the raid on Heroic difficulty. And if you did do it on Heroic, then you may want to try leaving the raid for at least 30 minutes so it can do a soft reset.

yes it was on heroic, ill try again in a bit, thanks for the reply

(EDIT): Still does not work after leaving for an hour or so.

Have you tried manually walking back to where Ra-den is?

I spent most of the day on it and figured the bug out. The difficulty changes from Heroic to Normal DURING the raid. I posted this same info on Wowhead Lei Shen info:

IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING CUTESCENE AFTER LEI SHEN / CAN’T FIND RA-DEN:

Summary: When you enter the instance, the difficulty you select will remain until approximately Iron Qon. Either before or after Iron Qon, the difficulty AUTOMATICALLY changed from Heroic to Normal. You must leave the instance, change difficulty back to Heroic and re-enter in order to face Ra-Den.

First attempt: I went into ToT on one toon this morning, I set it to Heroic 25-man (solo as 120 of course) and entered. When I defeated Lei Shen, I received no cutscene and couldn’t fight Ra-Den. I checked the difficulty and it was set to Normal. This pissed me off as I knew I set it to Heroic before entering.

Second attempt: I went in a second time on another 120 toon, made damn sure I was set to heroic 25-man. Right before I faced Lei Shen I checked difficulty and again it was set to Normal. So I changed it to Heroic, the prompt came up to “accept” being in an instance in progress, which I accepted of course. I continued to Lei Shen to find out that he wasn’t there! Nothing. Just an empty platform.

Third attempt: Third alt… same situation, but I constantly checked the difficulty because I knew it changed at some point. It seemed to changed after defeating Iron Qon to Normal. so I immediately changed it back and continued to Lei Shen, who of course WASN’T THERE AGAIN.

Fourth attempt: Finally got it done… I did the same steps as above, but after defeating Iron Qon, I changed difficulty from normal to heroic and I left the raid completely (porting back with toy), and then ran back to instance and ran all the way back to where I was, and Lei Shen was there! After beating him the cutscene happened and I was able to fight Ra-Den.

SO!.. If you want to complete the instance and beat Ra-Den: After defeating Iron Qon you have to leave the dungeon and change the difficulty back to heroic, and then go back in and finish Lei Shen and Ra-Den. That’s the ONLY way I’ve been able to complete it. -Seldo (Thrall)

2 Likes