Unable to purchase Game Time. Blizzard Store made purposefully worse?

Bought a $20 Battle Net Gift Card, and then found out a bit too late that Blizzard took out the option to purchase 1 month of Game Time through the Game Services section of the store.

Now, I have $27 bucks sitting in my blizzard wallet, and all I want is to give you guys 15 Dollars to play World of WarCraft for a month, but I can’t.

I don’t want to give you my credit card info. I don’t want to buy MORE gift cards. I don’t want to buy 3 months at a time. I don’t want to spend my gold to reactivate. I just want to spend the gift card I bought.

I WANT to give you $15 dollars. Just take it. Just take my $15 dollars.

I’ve been playing since 2006. I know my own gaming habits and weaknesses, and how to get the most out of my money. At the beginning of an expansion, I play a lot. After the first patch, I play sparingly.

In times past, I would have bought 6 months at a time at the beginning of an expansion, and then 1 month at a time after that. It worked for me, and it kept me from putting my credit card info onto my account.

So what gives? Why the change?

1 Like

These changes were implemented back in March. You have to buy in two-month blocks if you wish to purchase straight game time.

Link to the announcement of the changes:

A very handy-dandy reference sheet from Mirasol of what your options are (be mindful of your local taxes though too, since a lot of people are unaware of that change):

7 Likes

Thank you. I hope you’re having a wonderful day, sincerely.

But, I had all of this explained to me by a GM in customer service.

I understand THAT the changes were made. I understand every aspect of the new purchasing options. The handy-dandy reference sheet is very accurate, very informative, and very, severely, incredibly useless for the purposes of solving my Customer Support Issue.

I even understand that my $20 battle.net gift card isn’t enough to purchase the game time I need, and that perhaps it can be argued that it was my own fault for buying it. I can concede that the changes were made months ago and I should have known.

But I didn’t know, and so I bought the card. So here I am.

I want to know WHY the changes were made.

We recently conducted a review on the available services in all currencies. Based on this,

Based on what? Based. On. What.

Please, just change it back, Blizzard.
Please, just take this bird that I am willing to put in your hand, and stop hoping for the two birds in the bush.
Take my $15 and stop trying to ask for $30.

Unfortunately, that would not be a question that the Support Forum Agents (SFAs) nor the players here could answer. It would solely be a developmental question.

The dev team does not come to the Support Forums. You can reach out to them via their Twitter account if you wish:

Link: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter. These were the changes they decided to make, no matter the reason why. It’s on us as players to either abide by the changes and adapt or take our money elsewhere. You are one person, whereas most everyone else has managed to make do and alter how we pay and play the game. There are those who we have seen come through here that like you, are not happy with the change. It’s unfortunate, but this is the way they’ve decided to do things now. To ask them to make an exception is incredibly naive, especially when those who’ve been in the same position have all been denied.

You’ve got your options laid out for you. You’ve got a choice to make in how to proceed. Posting here will not get this to change as this forum is one for players to assist other players. Customer Support is not Customer Service.

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate you spelling it out for me, but it’s really not necessary. I understand my options. There is no customer service forum, and forums are absolutely an appropriate place to communicate this sort of problem.

I hope you haven’t expended any undue effort on my behalf. I don’t need it, and I feel sorry for troubling you. And I sincerely hope you didn’t expend too much effort in defending the creators of this game and doing their job for them. I’m done here.

Thanks, but I’ll just leave this message here for whoever happens to see it:

I’m ready to come back when you’ve decided to revert these changes.

Nobody who can make any changes will see it, that’s why everyone has been telling you - even if you ever-so-politely rebuke what forum regulars are telling you.

This forum is simply a player help player forum - there are no developers, QA or community managers here.

You’re asking a developmental question. You have been pointed in the right place to ask that question. Hopefully you do and get the answer you seek.

10 Likes