Unable To Loot WoD Timewalking Turn-In Item

Hello, wasn’t sure where to post this so I figured this was a better choice than in General Discussion.

Today (7/21) I ran a Timewalking dungeon and didn’t receive the turn-in item that you loot at the end. I thought maybe it was because I left the instance group too fast and didn’t properly loot the item? So I figured I would try another one and the same thing occurred, I didn’t receive the item at the end of the run.

So I did some searching on Google to try to research if it is a known problem or not, and I came across a script that let’s you find out if you’ve completed the quest or not (from a wowhead comment):

/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(55499))

This script will return True if you have turned in the item or False if you haven’t.

I ran the script on this toon who is the one I ran the dungeons on and it returned True. This baffles me because I didn’t even loot the item to turn in, in the first place let alone turn it in for the 500 badges. So I hopped to another toon that I haven’t even ran a Timewalking dungeon on yet and tried the script again and it returned True. So then I hopped to a third toon who I also haven’t ran a Timewalking dungeon on and tried the script and it returned False. I’m not sure if this is a bug? Or if you are only allowed to turn in the quest item once and only once? To my knowledge that is not that case, and you are allowed to turn in the item for each Timewalking event when it is available. TBC/Wrath/MoP etc.

I submitted a ticket and am awaiting a GM’s response but in the meantime I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this or if I am just a derp and ignorant to the fact that you can only turn in the 500 badge reward item ultimately one time?

TL;DR: Did not receive 500 TW Badge item at the end of the dungeon, unsure if this is a bug or not?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I never received the Shimmering Crystal from the last boss in my first timewalking dungeon which was Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. When I ran the script too it tells me “true” even though I haven’t been to Stormshield at all to do the turn in (not that I got one to begin with). I am submitting a ticket too.

It seems this was reported some hours before my post so I’m hoping Blizzard can sort it out for us.

I specifically needed that turn-in item to get one of the mounts, rather than grinding out the badges I needed (which was a little under 500). Not really game breaking but wasn’t something I anticipated I’d have to do :laughing:

I’m having the same issue. Ran two on my hunter, another on my shaman. Both received nothing. I opened a ticket as well.

I also am having this issue. I just finished Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, no item.

No response from a GM yet, and it’s been longer than the “average response time” window so I dunno what to think by this point.

I just got a response back from my ticket. They said they are working on a fix for it. No ETA.

It looks like the issue has been resolved and we’re all once again eligible to loot the item. I think it was stealth hotfixed.

Running /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(55499)) is false on all of my characters now so I think you’re right. Will know for sure later tonight but I am confident it has been fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like