Unable to Learn Mount - Arboreal Gulper

Hello!

I was able to get the drop of the Arboreal Gulper but when I click it on it to learn it says ‘You can’t use that item’. I already made sure:

I have apprentice riding
Relogged
Disabled all addons
Fully closed out and logged in (with addons disabled)
Sold to a vendor and bought back

I am on my alt (Completed the Campaign on my main and used threads of fate to go to Adrenweald on my hunter) so I have no idea of what else could be wrong.

Is the character in question below level 60? According to several Wowhead posts, players were able to summon Humon’gozz and loot the mount, but were unable to learn it until level 60.

1 Like

Yes, the hunter is only 53. Seems like a definite bug though if you can’t learn it until 60.

1 Like

Possibly. The tooltip on Wowhead says requires level 45, but does it say that on the in game tooltip as well? If so, probably best to submit a bug report for it.

1 Like

There was another thread the other day with the same issue. According to some comments on WoWhead, it does look like you need to be level 60 to learn this one.

Not sure that’s intended though, so it might be worth making a post over in the Bug Report forum (unless this gets moved there anyway).

1 Like

The tooltip is a known issue, Lilina. Need to be 60.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ll work on leveling up my alt then. That or I will just snag it on my main when doing dailies

3 Likes

Thank you. Same thing happened to me just now on my 58 Hunter, and thought I was going insane. whew!

1 Like

When you link [Arboreal Gulper] in chat, the tooltip says “Requires Level 45”.

Please check the date on this thread. When SL first released, this was a known issue. It has since changed.

3 Likes

Report the tooltip error in the Bug Report forum.

1 Like