Unable to heal PvP flagged players in dungeon

Hello! So I am currently leveling allied races, and twice now, I have experienced a bug in Escape from Durnholde keep, where some players were flagged for PvP (I was not) and I could not heal them. This led me to being kicked from the group and incurring the deserter debuff.

Why are people being brought into the dungeon with PvP still active? And why can I not heal them?

This is frustrating as I am losing time due to being kicked and I can’t do anything to prevent it, other than to not queue for that dungeon (don’t seem to experience this bug in other dungeons).

6 Likes

I’ve had similar problems when healing Durnholde Keep. This was some time ago. My group was a little more understanding.

Granted at first, “I’m unable to heal you because you are in PvP mode,” translated to them as, “My buttons aren’t working I need to reload.”

The tank an dps who were in warmode popped out really fast to turn off WM and we continued on.

I know this particular bug has been in for a while. (At the very least, as long as Warmode.) I did a bit of reading after the run to find out what was going on. I do not recall having this issue in ANY of the other instances (especially not in Portal or Culling) either.

I am very sorry you encountered turkeys.

2 Likes

You don’t need to turn off or turn on War Mode to heal those players.

If they’re PvP flagged, simply right click your character portrait and enable your PvP flag. This is not the same thing as turning on War Mode. You can turn it off right after the dungeon without any fear of being ganked or killed, because you’ll still be in non War Mode phases.

Hope this helped a little bit.

1 Like

Still happening, joined Escape from Durnholde/Old Hillsbrad Foothills was unable to heal the group. Teleported out, /pvp’ed, teleported in and was still unflagged. Was then kicked which was when i thought of going to Orgrimmar and turning warmode on. Would still be an issue either way, please fix already.

1 Like

Tried that it wouldn’t flag me as pvp and I still couldn’t heal them.

2 Likes

Second this - Tried flagging PVP (both /pvp and right-clicking my portrait and choosing “Enable” under Player Versus Player) and it didn’t change my status, still couldn’t heal them.

I would submit a bug report. I will be.

2 Likes

Checking in just after prepatch, durnholde keep still bugged. Not able to heal/res pvp flagged people with no way to fix this inside the instance. Only possible solution it to teleport out of the dungeon, get to SW, or Org, to switch their warmode settings to match the rest of the group.

Bumping as this happened to me. Tried pvp flag, didn’t work, then tried turning on warmode, still couldn’t heal.

1 Like

Just happened to me too, got kicked from the group, though I hope they got a WM healer or they just wasted all our time.

1 Like

Hey, pumping this fourm to share that STILL as of April 17th, 2021; this is STILL a bug. Couldn’t heal my BM tank and his mage friend and they just toughed out the dungeon and complained that they couldn’t be healed the whole time. This was durnholde keep!

1 Like

Just here to say that this is STILL occuring.

2 Likes

still happening. I think its the horde being disguised as humans.

Still a problem.

1 Like

I have seen a healer flag in an attempt to heal a warmode player, but he can’t be healed.

Bug persists. Shadowlands playing Alliance, as of Feb 2022 happened in Durnholde Keep. Couldn’t flag, couldn’t heal, then removed from group.