Unable to download the latest patch on battle.net

I went to update WoW this morning through Battle.net, and it’s been stuck on initializing.

Went through the whole rigamarole of uninstalling, wiping folders, reinstalling Battle.net with multiple computer restarts. The WoW update is now cycling through initializing, patching, and downloading at 0 B/s states while at 0% download. Sometimes it gets to 402Kbs download speed, but the download remains at 0%

My internet speed is very fast and my connection is solid. I’ve set Battle.net to run as Administrator. I’m wondering if this is connected to other players not being able to log in to their characters this morning. Tempted to let this be for a while and hope it resolves itself.

SOLUTION:
I didn’t realize others were having this issue since I hecc’d off for a while, but fixing the WMI Repository was the solution for me.

Reset the WMI Repository

1. Run “cmd” using Windows Search and enter the following one at a time and press enter: (Make sure to right click and run as an administrator for this to work)
  2. net stop winmgmt
  3. winmgmt /resetrepository
  4. net start winmgmt
  5. Restart your computer.
5 Likes

Same issue

2 Likes

Can we get some resolution on this? I’ve been trying to play for hours. Reinstalled, deleted cache and nothing.

2 Likes

The same here for my husband. Mine is only experiencing occasional problems with logins. His won’t even update. We deleted cache files, restarted the computer, waited several hours in between. Just some communication on the subject from Blizz would be really nice. Thank you.

2 Likes

Same issue.

I keep getting the same message.

Whoops! Looks like something broke. We’ll try to fix it, so please try again later.

Error Code: BLZBNTAGT000008FC

2 Likes

I was getting the patch at 28.00 Mbps then suddenly the speeds bottomed out to around 400 Kbps (!!) and stayed there; my 4 minute estimate download is now 11 hours – what is the meaning of this?

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed it too, but when looking at my task manager, it looks like it was doing some kind of single threaded operation, so everyone would likely be in the same boat since single thread performance today is only like 2x faster than CPUs from even a handful of generations ago. For instance, my 13600kf is only around 1.8x faster than a 7600k from 2017, in single threaded operations.

Either way, still finished within ~10-15 minutes including download time. It’s pre-release content, so it’s probably some encryption stuff.

Re-installing Bnet even as I type looking for answers (because it’s my only thing to try right now).

My issue has been abysmally slow download speeds (like 10-20kbs when it should be in the mb’s at the very least). I’ve upped the throughput in the launcher where you can set your own numbers but the only thing that did was to keep it stuck on initializing (OP’s original comment).

My internet hasn’t changed and the same PC can download other software and files faster.

Unless there is a weird permission, I just don’t know where to check or what to allow anyway. So frustrating that I started FFXIV install because I want to play something!

Edit: Installing the Bnet client ITSELF is incredibly slow too! Somethings up on Blizzards end for sure.

I am having the same issue. Stuck in calculating. Reinstalled Battle.net app. Did all the usual fixes. I submitted a ticket, they gave the usual fixes, told me to check the forums for help, and closed my ticket. So basically, they don’t have any answers I submitted another ticket and told them they weren’t helpful and to get it fixed.

1 Like

Just used the reset repository fix and it worked the 2nd time I tried it. You have to restart the computer. I did it yesterday and again today. Today it worked.
Here is the link.

Same issue. BN loads into character creation screen and none of my characters show on any servers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.