Unable to download Battle.net

I was updating my World of Warcraft games to try to play Wotlk classic. First it was updating retail WoW and I paused it and paused WoW Beta update to try to force Wotlk classic to update. However, that wasn’t doing it so I tried resuming the downloads. Well, something ended up breaking and crashing my Battle.net app then every time I tried to open it, I would get an error message. So, i thought something might’ve been corrupted so i just decided to uninstall everything and remove all the files. Now I can’t even get Battle.net to Download. I keep getting the error message BLZBNTAGT000008FC. Haven’t had any luck figuring out how to fix it. Of course, I can’t get ahold of blizzard for tech support so idk what to do.

*Solved*

this was my solution

The Blizzard Battle.net Desktop Application requires access to Windows Management Instrumentation to work correctly. If this has become corrupted or disabled, you can follow the steps below to reset it:

1. Press Windows+Q and type this into the search bar that pops up:
  • cmd
  1. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
  2. Enter the following commands into the command prompt window one at a time. Press Enter after each command. Any time you get a confirmation prompt, confirm the prompt. One of the commands may also tell you the WMI service is already started. This is okay.
  • net stop winmgmt
  • winmgmt /resetrepository
  • net start winmgmt
  1. Now, exit the command prompt and restart your computer, then retest running the Battle.net application.
1 Like

I had this problem and after two days I decided to just try and switching to the beta version and I downloaded all the games I needed. This was the most frustrating thing ever…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.