Unable to click professions in chat

Hi there, when I link my profession in game chat… Everyone is unable to click on my profession link. I am able to click on it fine as well I am unable to click on some peoples links but some I can.

3 Likes

When you link your profession, is it showing in yellow/orange chat inside brackets? Are you using any sort of addon for professions?
Also, are you linking it from the actual open profession (the little chat bubble) or from the Professions tab (default P)?

*edit, well, looks like I can link them but my husband cannot click to open either way that I linked so not sure on this one :confused:

I have disabled all my addons and I did it both ways (Linking from profession page of spells and from the actual profession chat bubble).

AS for the text it is yellow.

1 Like

Can you right click the chat tab and set it to “make interactive?”

3 Likes

I tried right clicking, only option was to make “non interactive” so I clicked it off then back on again and still not able to interact with a linked profession.

might want to try a complete UI reset to see if that helps https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

1 Like

I had also tried this. There are other peoples who are unclickable but others that are clickable.

Same issue here, seems that it is not a problem not for everyone and not always not working. All addons on or disabled does not make a difference.

2 Likes

same issue. i can click on items, people, but not profession link

3 Likes

Yeah I’m having the same problem. I’ll link my professions to guild members or to people in general and then get told they can click on it. But I try to click on it and it works for me. I have disabled addons I use the og wow ui, can someone up in the blizzard hierarchy please help us solve this problem.

First, you need to try giving your UI a Full uI Reset to rule out a faulty UI or addons interfering.

As for someone higher up, it’s actually the QA team that looks into potential bugs and works with the dev team to resolve it. Be sure to also either make a post over in the Bug Report forums or you can also report it in-game using the bug report feature there.

1 Like

I can confirm doing a full UI reset did nothing. I cannot open trade professions in chat either… People in general chat are also having this issue.

1 Like

Good to know it’s not just me… Thanks

I’m having the same issue. I Also did a full UI reset and didn’t work

I am and have been having the same issue, tried disabling all addons and doing a full UI reset and nothing worked.

got the same issue here, i can click in like 50% of them and the other 50% of professions links doesnt work at all just nothinhg happen, i reset all settings, disabled all addons, installed elvui, nothing works, nothing

I’m having this issue since yesterday. I’ve tried everything. I hope it gets fixed soon

so yeah I tried it and it worked but once I used my addons back to broken I then uninstalled the add ones and reinstalled thinking that would help but no luck. guess the game is making me play at a disadvantage

This would indicate that the game is working fine. Your issue is actually with the author of whatever addon is causing the issue.

I’d recommend reaching out to the addon creator to see if they have a fix for their addon.

1 Like

We’re dealing with a small indie company here… give Blizzard North some time, I’m sure in 10 years, everything will be tip-top shape. :rofl:

1 Like