Ultrawide Monitor Help!

Hey guys so I took a break from WoW for a while and I’m starting to get back on, but I have an issue D: I recently got an ultrawide monitor, on other games I can use fullscreen mode and just turn down the resolution tab and it would change the size of the actual game so its only in the middle of the screen… ((without having to use windowed mode so i dont see my PC homepage)) kinda hard to explain , ive tried changing the settings under graphics n i cant figure anythin out :frowning: (the black lines on the side of the loading screen and character page is what im wanting)

3440x1440 is the ratio of my monitor WoW is the only game I can’t seem to play with the black lines on the side of the screen without it being in windowed mode… Hard to see half of the game when its so big… For example I can play Wizard101 with the black lines while being fullscreen at 1680x1050 :frowning:

Probably the best solution is to use a viewport addon. Viewport addons let you change the rendered size of the world. As a benefit, you can put UI elements outside of the rendered game world this way.

I’ve used Sunn Viewport in the past for it, but there are other addons out there. If you use Sunn, just keep in mind that I don’t think it turns on the viewport by default when you enable a bar. (There’s a checkbox that says something like resize world or activate viewport you need to check. Otherwise, it just puts the bars over the game, but doesn’t actually resize the rendered game world.)

2 Likes