Uldum zone lag

There is a horrible lag in Uldum, anything you do can take from 5 up to 15 seconds of delay, the npc from time to time just dissapear for a few seconds and then reappear (happened with the flight master). This happened last week on Vol’dun, now Uldum is having problems.

2 Likes

Same thing is happening in Uldum on Whisperwind. Other regions seem fine but Uldum has a 5 second or longer delay on anything. Cast a frostbolt… 5 seconds later it fires… truly unplayable.

While in Uldum on Whisperwind-US, the client shows my latency at 20ms but all actions are taking about 3-4 seconds to register.

Hey all,

Thanks for the reports of the zone lag in Uldum. I’m going to verify this in-game and send up a report internally so our WoW server team can take a look.

In the meantime if you try toggling War Mode that can put you on a different shard and may work around the issue until it can be cleared up.

1 Like

Any update on this?
I can’t seem to get into another shard, or maybe I am and they are all crap. Some events like Engine of Ascension are not loading correctly either.

Nevermind, just went to hell again!

Any chance the broken Engine of Ascension event is causing the slowdown?

Experiencing this same massive lag in Uldum for the last 5-6 hours now on Zul’Jin. Only seems to be effecting the one zone, but it’s making the game unplayable there.

2 Likes

Same lag for me just in Uldum right now.

Unplayable levels of lag in this zone today. 2 days ago I had the same issue with Vol’dun.

It’s not just me that’s having these issues as in both instances other people were talking about this issue in the general chat.

1 Like

I hopped onto an alt on Medivh to put him through the cloak quest, but when I got to Uldum, the lag was so incredibly bad that the mobs aren’t even attacking. They just run up to you and stand there while you slowly dps them down through the lag. My ping’s fine: 41 (home)/52 (world), but the server is lagging horrendously.

Not sure if the pending server merge has anything to do with it, but it’s been going on at least when I’ve been online for the last day or two (possibly before). Any idea if/when this might be able to be resolved?

Thanks for the report Feloren.

I moved your post to the main thread about the Uldum zone lag. I’ll verify the problem on Medivh in Uldum and send up another report for our WoW team.

If you can toggle War Mode on your alt that could help in the meantime.

Brutal Lag on Whisperewind 4 days in a row - I want to play in that zone but can’t do a single thing.

30ms world and 30ms home but it feels like it is over 9000!

Please provide an update on this ASAP.

1 Like

SO much lag in Whisperwind, that it’s unplayable, and yous guys knew about this 2 days ago+ and yet nothing gets done to change it.

1 Like

Same here on Zul’jin. Days of lag in Uldum is making it extremely hard to get dailies done!

1 Like

This is still happening in Uldum on Whisperwind… takes 5 seconds from the point of casting a spell for it to actually start casting… lag is unplayable and has been like this since Tuesday… please do something about this.

1 Like

Been this way since at least yesterday on Zul’jin.

Day 4, and still there is horrible lag in Uldum. Not sure I’ll make it out. Has the light forsaken us?

1 Like

Here’s the next day, and the lag continues in Uldum on Whisperwind. I bet yous guys won’t do anything about it.

Same thing is happening on Zul’jin. I switched War Mode on and it appears to have fixed it though so thank you!

1 Like

any update on this issue Whisperwind is really bad!