Ulduar Logs

Easier to adjust the amount of healers you have tbh.

If every healer is like green parsing youre prolly running too many healers.

More healers means the total healing is distributed among that many healers, reducing the amount of healers means the same damage is being split with less people which increases your HPS.

You should be reducing healers and adding dps to make the fight faster as healing requirments lessen as the phase goes on.

Like why bring 6 healers if 3-4 can do the same job.

Just means you added 2-3 more dps which shortens the fight.

2 Likes

just throw nukes, rather help my friends on their parses than try to out-snipe a healer buddy and hurt his parses

not all the time but when everyone’s full hp / not in danger

For tanks, For the 95-99 percentile sure.

You get to the 95th and even up to the 99th percentile gearing full survival and just doing your rotation correctly not greifing your raid at all. Speaking as one doing just that and parsing that. There is quite a number of tanks esp pally tanks (flavour of the month) that don’t even know the basic rotation and button mash taken as main tank since there a pally.

Hell alg 25 dying in phase 2 full survival gear has put me in the 95-97 parse range more than once as a pally tank. So no greifing your raid to raise your parse sure will raise it but you get a really good parse still by not doing that and just playing well. So you can’t claim you got a bad parse since you “don’t greif” your raid.

1 Like

i honestly dont give a crap what anyones parses are. skills can be taught, attitude is forever. and yours clearly states your not a quality person, probably one of the doormats needing to feel important in a game lmao.

everyone? false, as already I dont care so not everyone cares. way to do there sparky, already disproved your generality.

with that attitude wouldnt want too lol

snarky and original, points to you chasing lol

nope, cant do it. when i hear stuff about parses all i hear is a nasally voice shining about missing a dps mark by .2 damage and someone needing to check their spreadsheet
 lmao

1 Like

I was raiding back on december clearing all the wotlk content in one night , tanking pretty easy and stuff, I came back and I havent been able to find a single guild either pug that allow me to raid because of logs, I cant have logs if I dont raid, so im excluded from everything but GDKP, that I can just afk and get gear
 the state of the game is garbage to returning players.

2 Likes

Only in the sense that if you’re a good player you should be able to consistently put up good logs, but there’s plenty of nuance that goes into it in the same way as healer parses can. DPS has its own versions of drop a healer or take unnecessary raid damage and you’ll parse better type logic to apply.

I always like to point out that some fights become impossible to parse on depending on what some guilds do (or can do) or what others in your class get to do.

Prenerf KJ was a fight I never parsed well on because I was always doing shadow orbs while others pumped into boss. M’uru was another example of guilds burning him so quickly and using minimal locks who got to AoE hard by comparison. And then on normal mode mim I never bothered with the adds that melted for us because the fight was a joke.

These fights are outliers though. If you’re a good player you can still get a decent parse on them and then do well on other fights as well. You just have to hope the people analyzing your logs can appreciate why you might not parse well on certain fights or consider what you are doing as part of progressing on the fight.

Parses are very hard to judge. They’re only going to be good if you’re in a good grp. For that reason I look for gs + logged kills then I check the grps average and if it sucks then I know it wont be a great representation.

From there you have to take a chance. If you have 24 good ppl and you need 1 more then you’ll know pretty quick how good of a player they are.

We use Zul’Gurub logs, have to see who gets blown up on bat rider trash when they explode.

1 Like

Self awareness? No?

1 Like

People can cheese their way to 99 parses with ease. I know many people who’ve done it

The only contradiction about DPS parses is related to bloodlust and potions, and the quality of your group. If you’re with a good group and kill Kolagarn in 60 seconds, you had 75% bloodlust uptime and 50% haste pot uptime. Thus, if you’re already in a good group or guild, you’ll kill Kolagarn in 43 seconds then come to the forums and trash everyone for their 2.5 minute kill, whilst cheesing with a Blade Flurry Assassination spec (mutilate>energy pool>envenom>mutilate mutilate>energy pool>envenom>repeat)

You very, very obviously care about parses. The vast majority of the WoW community places far less emphasis on parses than you do lmao.

inc “aNoThEr aNgRy bAd PaRsEr”

1 Like

How are you going to get 30 seconds of potion in a minute long boss fight?

I haven’t done that at all, but ok. All I did was disagree with a guy that said nobody cares about parses and point out that typically people who say things like that are not performing well.

I don’t consider using a cleave spec for a cleave boss “cheesing” personally. It’s just
 better.

It’s part of my enjoyment of the game. Is that a problem for you?

Your post history related to parses indicates a far more insidious nature than the one of innocence you’re claiming here.

You may play how you like in solved content and find self-esteem in it. I really couldn’t care less. I’d probably prefer it that you do. Your rather elitist air about it, however, indicates that you’re not finding quite as much self-esteem in it as you think you are.

Lmao you’re respeccing for DPS on a boss for rankings as Assassination while not comparing apples to apples in Assassination. Yeah, that’s cheese

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: what are you even talking about my guy “far more insidious” wtf

What else am I supposed to do with dual spec?

Even if it had nothing to do with the parse number, it’s just a WAY better spec to use for that fight. Why should I not use my dual spec for something like that? I don’t PvP.

You can attempt to frame it as me disliking your use of dual spec. That was very clearly not the point I was making, though. “Even if it had nothing to do with parse number”–First of all, you’re the one who claimed to love parses and that they’re enjoyable and important to you. So it has everything to do with the parse number. Secondly, this again demonstrates the flaw in parsing: you’re getting ranked as an Assassination rogue while not playing as such on that fight. You’re flexing in the mirror over your 99 parse on a fight where you’re not playing remotely the same spec everyone else who you’re “competing” against is.

Have you found a way to artificially inflate your numbers against other Assassination rogues on cleave fights in a logging system that just determines your spec based off of where you have the most points? Sure, and bravo for the deception, or what you may view as “a clever workaround within the boundaries of the system”. The fact is, you’re Blade Flurrying as Assassination LOL. At the end of the day, you’re competing in a 7th grade basketball game representing yourself as a 7th grader while having a clear advantage, much like the 14 year old who was held back a few years.

Again, this speaks to the cheesiness of parsing, where one’s spec is considered only in the vaguest of ways and group dynamics/speed are king, while everyone believes it’s a fair comparison of player skill.

I’ll be respeccing Combat/Prep for that fight with Glyph of Preparation in the future then I can come flex on the n0obz with my 100% Blade Flurry cleave uptime, and they’ll wonder what they’re doing wrong when in reality they’re just playing as the should be and I’m che3zin

1 Like

It’s not cheese when it’s literally just using dual spec to switch to a more effective spec for the boss.

It is an assassination spec lol it’s only 7 or 8 points different from the normal build.

I don’t understand why it’s your problem whether I care about having good parses or not.

Again, you’re overlooking the fact that it’s just a way better spec to use for the fight. I have dual spec, I’m not going to not use it to appease forum weirdos who think cleaving cleave bosses is a “cheese” strat.

If you’re doing more damage than everyone else by doing that, good for you. That’s literally the point of changing specs, not to get a parse.

For a really fast burn, locks actually usually got boned because they had to single target M’uru.

ya sure

This is the second time you’ve intentionally attempted to reframe what I’m saying into me having an issue with your desire to parse. Context matters, and this context was saying that a non-apples-to-apples parse isn’t valuable.

Here comes the lawyer talk LOL. According to Warcraft Logs it is assassination. In reality, you’re not competing against rogues with the same spec or playstyle, not even remotely given the fact you have Blade Flurry up for almost half the fight. This is again why I’m saying you’re riding a technicality into your pink parse, where you’re being put into a percentile with a spec that is totally different than what other “Assassination rogues” are running.

You can keep playing the victim, but this has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with the cheesiness of parses.

Like I said once and I’ll say again, group speed/comp and the vague representation of specs make a massive impact on parses. If you like them and try for them, go ahead. But don’t pretend I’m angry at you for liking to parse when I’m merely pointing out the very real flaws in parsing, which we must not forget is a percentile comparison. Beginning by dividing out Bloodlust would be a much more accurate way to judge DPS via parsing.

1 Like

I enjoy parsing. I also play the spec that is best for each boss. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Who cares? I’m literally just playing the spec that does way more damage on Kolo. I would play it regardless of how they divided the specs on WCL.

It is literally assassination. It has 44 or 45 points in the assassination tree. This is such a moronic thing to be having a hissy fit over.

It uses the exact same gear and plays the exact same way, you just press blade flurry too. WTF are you even talking about? Get a clue.

No one has disputed this.

Yeah, not like you’ve been calling me insidious, elitist, a 14 year old 7th grader, or anything like that.

Ok, well you’ve repeatedly made personal attacks so forgive me for thinking that.

Where did I say that btw? I said it’s part of my enjoyment of the game.

People obsessed with parses are annoying but at the same time
if you parse blue or green on average, you do suck and you do not put efforts at all, too many of you in a raid is griefing HM progression imo.

If you took this personally that speaks to your own confidence levels or victimhood. Analogies are not personal attacks.

Elitist was a description of the general attitude of your posts with regards to parses. In fact, earlier, you were making personal attacks to a poor poster who simply disliked Parsing. Much more personal than my explanation of a comparison that is unfair using basketball.

This isn’t a static comparison. Sure it’s the same gear, sure it’s the same basic rotation. Blade Flurry is a massive difference, and it is a different spec. To compare your DPS to that of the Assassination rogue in your guild who lacks Blade Flurry would be disingenuous. You might find whos spec performs more effectively, but you can’t say who the better rogue is. You’re not even the same type of Assassination rogue on that fight.

These all speak to the cheesiness of parses that I initially claimed and still readily stand by.

Why not compare my combat DPS to your assassination DPS when ranking parses? Why not compare against subtlety rogues too? It’s still just combo points, poisons, and finishers. Nevermind the one or two buttons we have to press that make the difference, the MAJORITY of our toolkit is still the same.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t remember exactly what they were doing, but it became evident with each passing week parsing in a typical guild was impossible. My best parse was first kill and I never saw it again. They probably weren’t burning fast so much as letting only letting a few of them AoE.

And that’s where parsing can get a really bad rap. I get it’s fun to do but it’s not always a direct correlation to skill. Imagine if warcraftlogs didn’t pull out tricks damage; it’d change the whole name of the game. And for casters we do have to deal with getting PI or not since they can’t unmath it.

1 Like