Uldaman and UBRS access

Now that I hit 70 I want to go back and do some dungeons and stuff in solo mode. Dungeons like Uldaman and UBRS have mechanics that do not allow you to fully complete their dungeons unless you have a party of 3 people (in order to simultaneously click some object to open a set of doors). I know this mechanic was removed at some point during retail to allow players to solo these dungeons. Has that happened yet in Classic, will it, or does anyone have any other information on when these dungeons will be solable?

Cata with the redo of the old world.

1 Like

I would swear it happened in WotLK because I want to say I remember going and doing these dungeons as part of the achievements.

as for LK i think you no longer need the ring for ubrs , you could get it solo and ask a friend to give u a hand on the last part of the quest, no need to solo everything
as for Uldaman … i dont remember needing more than 1 person just loot and use the items iirc

Making Azeroth more of a 1 player game is gross.

1 Like

Just boost some lowbies

1 Like

I know how you could find out…

1 Like

If you take a look at wowhead historical comments, both Uldaman and BRS are soloable in WotLK:

“ In patch 3.0.8 you will no longer need to bring two other friends to Uldaman and in a relevant case, Blackrock Spire:

• The ritual objects that used to require 3 players to activate in Blackrock Spire and Uldaman now only require 1.”
1 Like

Have a guildie put three of your toon in the same party. Get to the pedestal in ulda. Click with first toon. Hit Play on wow launcher without exiting the game. A new wow will pop up, click with 2nd toon. Launch game again and clicky.
When you launch the game, your previous character will persist for about 40 seconds. You can do things like buff your fading toon, let it tank a mob (before it fades) so a lower level can get credit and loot (like in a dungeon) in the azeroth dungeons no one runs.

Can also do this to keep 2 toons online to cap flags in hellfire and get credit for both

As for UBRS you can enter thru LBRS. And while you’re there kill the bosses that drop gems

Finding lowbies to tag along would be a whole lot less work…

Or maybe some friends.

UBRS summon stone was changed in 3.0.2 (Wotlk prepatch) to only need one person. Not sure about uldaman.

OP was talking about the pedestal inside the uldaman dungeon that opens the door to the last boss. Three people are needed.
Also, for UBRS a key is needed to unlock the door at the beginning of the instance. The bypass to the key was to run LBRS (no key needed) and walk into UBRS at the end of the LBRS run… same instance.

That’s more work. lowbies tagging along means you have to kill everything in their path, while as a level 60+ you can walk past ulda mobs without aggroing. Azeroth dungeons are pretty dead, excluding the boosting crowd which I have nothing to do with.

Dragging a high level friend to go to ulda, a dungeon that no one cares about and no loot, just for OP to complete is on same level as asking them to pop a zit on your back.

If they aren’t willing to do you simple favors, they aren’t a friend.

But all three have to be at the pedestal and simultaneously be clicking, Have you ever done this or did you just assume that the lag your seeing is the same server sideyou literally have to go through 3 loading screens per toon, bnet launcer, server loading screen, and then the character loading into game.

Just tried it, since I like to see what does and doesn’t work. Interacting with objects won’t work, the fading character stops channeling as seen by the next logged in character. They are just standing there. I guess this falls under with you can’t use this trick to summon from a summoning stone.
What does work is like something I used to do to get the ravager whirlwind axe from last boss in SM. Pull boss to front instance, autoattack. Log in with 2nd character before boss dies, and loot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.