Is anybody aware of when the ending/kill cinematic when killing Ula’tek will be released? Is it soon? If you understand what I mean
I liked all the story about Atal’Utek campaign until I remember one thing we got from the worst expansion ever (SL): the Shadowlands…
So we will able to see all these deads from Midnight in the Shadowlands and take a little cup of tea all together…
Maybe Renzik would be happy to have a little cup of tea too with us and Gazlowe. ![]()
Finally this batch is gone. I’ve been waiting for someone to stick an axe into his mouth for 6 months.
/puts on Sylvanas voice
Begone then, Zul’jan. May the last whisper of your name fade… and be forgotten.
Sentimental and regretful. Great. I guess these beatings will continue until morale improves…
Back to the scheduled “WE ARE FAMILY” program, I see. I totally didn’t want to see Kith’ix rising or something cool, no, I wanted the same thing I got since DF for the 17th time instead.
Until you have many quests with him in the Shadowlands to help him and speak with him. ![]()
That’s fine because he’d admit the elves were right and he was wrong.
Killing enemies is cool and all, but you know what’s even sweeter?
To break their will, crush their ego, and make them admit they were wrong.
WRONG WRONG
Say it
WRONG
Ah there’s nothing sweeter to do with an enemy.
Good riddance to Zul’jan. Total Elf Victory.
Well, thats it. And somehow Blizzard managed to choose the most predictable and least interesting outcome possible.
What frustrates me most isnt simply that Zul’jan died. Its when they killed him. His final decision proves there was more to him than the “evil brother” role. When it actually mattered, he chose his sister over Malacrass and the power he had been chasing. That should have been the beginning of his real development, not the end of his character.
Let him survive his failure. Let the Amani hate him. Let him rebuild their trust, clash with Zul’jarra and remain the proud, difficult counterweight to her. He didnt need redemption into another nice character either. Thats the story I wanted.
Instead we lose one of the very few recent characters with real rough edges, while the safe, reconciliation-focused character survives and is proven right. Again.
And thats my bigger problem with modern Warcraft. DF, TWW and now Midnight keep removing conflict, faction identity and characters with genuinely different worldviews. Everything eventually gets pushed toward the same friendship, unity and morally approved conclusion.
I dont want permanent misery or everyone killing each other. I want Warcraft to have contrast again. Zul’jan could have provided that for years. Killing him immediately was such a waste
“As expected” since the first screenshot: We knew who will live and who will die, who will be the hero and who will be the villain.
And it’s not okay to repeat the same patern over and over to the point that you can guess it even a year in advance.
Well, Zul’Jarra is now a girlboss like any other : Supposedly a strong woman who doesn’t need any man.
And without Zul’Jan, she has nothing going on for her compared to other girlbosses like Faerin and Maran Trollbane.
I still think it was hilarious that a lot of the community saw the outcome from a single image.
Although probably not so funny if your creating that story.
I am glad he didn’t die a villain, but Zul’jan’s end falls into another frustrating trope of “my death validates everything about your character and worldview”.
Guessing Turyalon validating Arator is up next.
Not every story needs an M. Night Shyamalan twist.
That said, the writers should still be ashamed of this story.
that evrypone guessed the second they saw zuljan adn zuljarra picture revealed for first time at gamescon
You’re saying that as if the Amani were ever to be characters for more than their designated addon…
“Oh no! Anyway..” Vibes from this whole patch.
Not to downplay the struggle of a troll family trying to stick together on snake island. I’m sure that’s important and I’m gonna let you get back to it. But didn’t Xal’atath just inject herself into the circulatory system of the planet? Anyone got their eye on that situation?
Ah well. This was fun. See you when we see you, Zul’jarra. Never again, I suspect. ![]()
Undermine, tangent that it was, at least kept itself adjacent to the overall threat of the story and eventually circled back into plot relevancy by reintroducing the repaired Dark Heart to the narrative. On top of feeling hand-crafted with love. Someone on this team was big into Undermine and it showed. Coiled Isle is no Undermine.
Most likely Ion himself. From what I’ve heard he has been lobbying for Undermine to appear in game for years.
This is just miserable and I am out of Midnight
God what a tragic cinematic.
Really really really bad.