UI Scaling

Im older and my eyes are bad. On Retail I am able to change the UI slider to max to make everything more readable. I have the same UI slider and classic but it doesnt seem to commit aa the font is still tiny.

Is there a way to make the classic UI bigger? Please let me know

I managed to do it with ElvUI settings. It’s a godsend.

Hmmm… Elvui is so complicated for me. But I will try it if it makes the text bigger. any tips I could use to help me with the elvui config just to make things bigger (I know elvui does a lot)

Thanks

Best tip I can give is to google the specific ui element you need and find a forum post there or reddit or here talking aobut where that element is in the addon.

For the UI scaling, you’ll have a chance to change it in the tutorial setting it up. Don’t pick default, it’s too small imo. It hands you the slider scale there with a preview button. It’s also on the general tab when you do /elvui or /ec after you finished and you want to tweak it more.

Thank you!

1 Like

it’s in the system under graphics, then the advanced menu, I think. I finally found it last night and my UI is normal again. Plus the camera distance is HUGE!! my gnome was like a speck lol.

1 Like

Yes the UI scale is there but when I hit apply nothing gets bigger. Didnt know if it was disabled in classic or something wrong with my config

Ok it is a little confusing on how to do this let me show how with pictures there are 2 settings that adjust the onscreen interface:

1. The ui scale slider -controls the size of the interface itself and requires the box next to low to be checked off in order for the changes to remain.
2. The Render Scale - Controls the size of what’s being displayed inside the interface.

(Sorry, the forum doesn’t allow me to post links)
The U/I slider:
https ://i . imgur . com/VQUIhV8.jpg

The render scale:
https ://i . imgur . com/QVEGwti.jpg

2 Likes

Ahhh Thank you! I couldnt see that small check box.

The pictures did the trick. I will try tonight

/run SetCVar(“UIScale”, 0.7111111111)

Choose your own number 1 is normal 1.2 is 20% bigger.

It should be a multiple of ur screens resolution. so things render perfectly (I do not know the numbers I just know it should be that way)