UI Changes in Rise of Azshara

No word yet, patience.

Maybe they’re just waiting until people forget about it. 10/10 customer service.

2 Likes

It’s really nice to come back to WoW only to find out they removed something that was available/I used for years. Hopefully there’s an update soon

2 Likes

Something I muted when it first came out was that ping noise you get when forming a group in group finder. Man is that noise annoying, why did blizzard do this to us…

The only solution I’ve found is I turn my sound waaaay down, I think it is at 7%. I really miss the wow we had for 10 years up until this change.

It’s now past the half way point of September, and this issue seems to have been going on since the first quarter of June. Been trying to use the aforementioned addon since the first week of September, and absolutely nothing is muting despite following instructions on how to do so. Can’t even mute the succubus slapping her rear, much less spell fizzles, or Rhonin with his “Citizens of Dalaran!” speech.

There also is the MuteAnnoying addon but it has no options and basically is “Mute Annoying WoW Sounds” ported to work with the new API
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/muteannoying

1 Like

With 8.2.5 launching on Tuesday, has this issue been addressed so we don’t need to see these forums get spammed with bumps for another tier?

I might have to resort to a lower level of thread bumping, got bored of Adele.

Maybe Nickelback thread bumps.

Patch goes live in a few hours, just want to point out that blizzard forgot to fix the custom sounds issue.

1 Like

This tread reminds me of an old saying. “If its not broken, don’t fix it” lol

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn’t cut it as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man

I just want to point out you can use custom sounds on classic and the game has not imploded. Proof that there was no need to take away something we had for 11 years. Why make something worse?

They specifically changed their file system to use File Data IDs only in patch 8.2.0 to make datamining more difficult (and maybe a bit more performance) which they probably wouldn’t care about it in Classic

It would also cost them more dev time had they based classic API on patch 8.2.0 instead of 8.1.0 for no significant benefits. So they are not against sound file replacements but just against datamining

It’d be nice to at least get a “We’re never going to look into or fix this, learn to live with it, jerkwads” or something, here.

2 Likes

I’m sick of sight without a sense of feeling
And this is how you remind me

This is how you remind me of what I really am
This is how you remind me of what I really am

The thing is they did say they were going to look into the custom sound problem, but then they never reply’d again in that thread.

1 Like

I really wanted to make a female kultiran and add in Sgt. Hammer screams from Hots for the luls, rip.

:c sadface

Looks like this was just forgotten lol