UI Changes in Rise of Azshara

: / More waiting

Still sitting here. Still hoping for an update. Even a “we don’t have any plans to allow replacing sound files” would be nice.

1 Like

Same, I’m still very frustrated by this.

It would be greatly appreciated if they could provide additional information, it’s been a while now.

1 Like

Greetings.

1 Like

@Kaivax are we going to get an update on this? I’d really like to be able to remove those fizzle sounds again. Please and thanks.

Just found this. Thank you, sir! This was a life saver!

Just adding this on. If you need a solid sound file browser to locate the Sound ID number to mute. I recommend Leatrix Tunes on Curse!

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/leatrix-tunes

Terrible news everyone, still nothing. Tried on the ptr and nope. Sadface.

I just noticed that the error sound suppression embedded in a bunch of my macros is no longer working. Seems like I’m late to the party, but still no fix? Boo!

Hello, we know as CM fixing certain “accidents” isn’t your job but would it be possible to at least let us know if this will be looked at or not? It’s been a while now.

STILL waiting for some kind of reply regarding the sound mod issue, it’s been seven months now with nothing but silence. I’d ask about it in a Q&A but you guys stopped doing that as well.

1 Like

Back when the game belonged to Blizzard Entertainment they cared about customer service, at least some answer would have been made by now but now it’s Activision’s game and they dont give a crap about customer satisfaction.

Silence is probably all we’ll get.

2 Likes

I am a new player, so nothing in this thread personally applies to me, but it’s really discouraging to see longtime players being completely ignored. If they’ve not been able to fix it, at least be kind enough to give an update.

2 Likes

There’s an addon called “mutesoundfile” that covers this. I’m pretty sure this was posted early on in the thread. Once muted you can weakaura the sound you want back in.

I don’t use weakauras, can it do things like assign sounds to basic attacks? The main thing I used sound mods for was to change the basic gun sounds back to their vanilla versions.

There are lots of limitations regarding weakauras compared to the old system though, that’s only a partial baindaid fix.

: C Guess the void ate the fix.

It hungers.

Guess not even all my necromatic power will raise the custom sounds’ corpse.

Update please. It’s been ages since you began looking into this.