UI bug list, share more here

I’m sure many of these are already on Blizzard’s agenda, but they’re fairly minor so they’ve probably been put off. But just in case, let’s make a comprehensive list.

The Pet Happiness icon appears, but is correctly non-functional (Happiness was removed in Cataclysm)

Weapon skills are present and skill up but are correctly non-functional (Removed in Cata)

The Keyring bag is present (wasn’t initially, unsure of what caused it to appear. Removed in Cata).

Spell Alerts (also known as Spell Activation Overlays) do not appear to be implemented.

Pet frames (if you get them via a quest or event) overlap on top of Holy Power / Soul Shards on the default UI. (I forgot to test if they were even movable)

3 Likes

Hunter pet bars are non-existent unless you relog. Even then, they still don’t appear most of the time. After completing some quests it will come back, but then it will disappear again.

1 Like

On some of the maps (teldrassil for example) current location and quest objectives don’t line up to where it should be on the map.

Disenchanting skill doesn’t exist on profession tab and can’t be macroed (that I know of)

2 Likes

I’ll add, Northern Stranglethorn also does this, the Unexplored parts of the map match the pre-Cata whole zone map, as do where quest markers are placed. As you explore it, it gets replaced with the Cata map, but markers don’t line up correctly.

1 Like

Quest Tooltips, such as when you mouse over an enemy and it shows quest progress for that enemy, is not working

This was added in Cataclysm launch and is part of the Quest improvements added in Cataclysm

2 Likes

not sure if its a bug but the barrens is all messed up, theres a giant gapping space and you cant cross it… its like the zone has been split into 2 parts

1 Like

UI is currently missing the Cata character sheet/paper doll frame, new improved guild frame, and the new class/spell/profession training frame.

Item tooltips do not display item level and there is no cvar to enable this. This was forced on by default in 4.0.1, as the new character sheet displays the player’s current equipped average item level.

As of today, April 28, the Cata Beta still does not show Spell Activation Overlays. The icons on the action bar glow but the overlays do not appear. I’m starting to think that these Overlays might not be included in the base game. If not, I’m sure I’ll be able to create some Weak Auras that do the same thing but I’d rather not have to.

/console displaySpellActivationOverlays 1

This will activate what you are looking for. The alternate way to add this, if the ingame command doesn’t seeem to work:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_classic_beta_\WTF\Account\

Select you account folder and Config-cache.wtf with Open With: Notepad

Add the next line of code to the end of the file.

SET displaySpellActivationOverlays “1”

Save & Close

2 Likes