UI Audio Bug

Hello all. I was playing retail earlier today leveling up alts by running TW dungeons and my game crashed. I didn’t really think anything of it, the game crashes sometimes. Well I think it might have caused an audio issue with my UI. Group finder audio is silent, queue pops..silent. When you press escape you don’t get the audio from opening it and hovering/clicking on options. Also fairly certain I can’t hear footsteps, etc. I’ve gone over my audio settings, reset them to default in the menu, restarted, tested audio with addons disabled/enabled. Reset the windows volume mixer for WoW. Everything I can really think of. Has anyone else run into this issue before? Could it be a headset issue? (Logitech G733) Let me know your thoughts if you cared to read this far. Thanks!

Edit: I was finding more examples of what audio was broken and the audio suddenly cut and everything is now working again. Not sure what to make of that. I’ll take it I guess!

Edit to Edit: Wow so I found out what I was experiencing IS actually a game bug. In Silvermoon there are floating platforms. I like to go sit in the bean bag chairs while I queue for dungeons. Turns out the floating platform that I sit on is too high or something because all of the audio issues come back when I go back to the platform, and when I go down to the ground in front of the bank in Silvermoon, all of the audio starts working again. I tested it 3x and that has to be it. TLDR the floating platforms in Silvermoon cause audio bugs. Not sure if this is a new discovery, kinda doubt it

1 Like

First I’ve heard of that bug. Might want to report it in-game if you haven’t already. Especially with it being consistently reproducible.