TWW Wild pets lose quality as well as level?

Just getting started on wild pets, and a level 25 has always dropped to 23 when captured, but now they lose a level of quality too. Check out a wild pet team that has a Rare, capture it and it becomes Uncommon.

Was intrigued to see a team with an Epic Cobalt Ramolith, didn’t know Epic pets were coming in TWW. But it fought, and captured, as a Rare.

2 Likes

I noticed this and thought it was just an add-on issue (I was too tired yesterday to go back and test it, particularly as the character I was on didn’t have any pet bandages).

1 Like

It could be a Rematch issue. I have noticed it all weekend. I just assume that all wild pets will drop a quality level once captured

But it also applies to our pets. I was doing some trainers and it appeared that all of my pets were epic, when they obviously are not

1 Like

This was a BattlePetBreedID issue, and was fixed in a later update. The addon’s GitHub workflow entry for v1.29.1 mentions a mismatch in the API.

All qualities were upped by 1. I even have a screenshot of a Legendary opponent becoming an Artifact :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Duh, didn’t think to check the add-ons. That was indeed the problem, thanks!

1 Like

Seems like a similar problem affects PetTracker’s switcher, but instead of going up, it goes down. Unfortunately I don’t know of a fix.

1 Like