TWW Pathfinder for Normal flight

Agreed. I hate dynamic flight for many reasons, from how difficult it is to navigate to the fact that I have a puppy, three big dogs, and a human family, all of whom mean I sometimes have to go AFK with zero notice.

And I’ll be 54 this year. Been playing WoW since before TBC. My tendinitis isn’t getting any better.

6 Likes

What reasons? There aren’t any reasons, other than “We made something we think is nifty and want to force you to use it until you think it’s nifty to or go away.”

Unless Blizz has stated a reason that actually makes sense to those of us who didn’t want to engage with dragonriding and still don’t want to engage with it by any other name?

5 Likes

Ion said they want players to actively engage in gameplay, and skyriding requires player engagement to work. The maps are designed with skyriding in mind as well, as evidenced by the layout of the zones (and how you travel between them), some new abilities/gameplay on certain mounts, and even some new dangers.

Again I’m not saying I agree, only that I understand. I personally believe it should be available from the get go. It’s a superficial limitation by devs whose design philosophy is guided more by limits than fun.

Repeating myself again, but at least the campaign is short. You can get through it in a week or two casually. That’s nothing in mmo time. Then you can static fly to your heart’s content.

2 Likes

If this applies to both forms of flying then sure. Either both should be locked or neither should be.

3 Likes

There is no good reason to deny esp the older disabled player base the use of TBC normal flight when TWW goes live other then to be a mean Grinch…TWW isn’t about Dragon that was Dragon Flight…we did that for 2 yrs now…just let us use our TBC normal flight when TWW goes live.

7 Likes

Just to point out, theyre opening Dynamic riding to almost all mounts, not just the handful of dragon ones, hence the rename.

That makes it 1 campaign story, not 4.

And yes, there is a charged political post about this in the beta threads, along with the dungeon that requires dragonflight in order to finish it, which is also a politcially charged thread for no reason.

The point of both beta threads is to make a simple change for the betterment of the entire community, but it has fallen on deaf ears.

No its 4 separate campaigns …1 for each zone…4 zones 4 campaigns. Sure its all about 1 story line but its still 4 separate campaigns…

1 Like

It is literally 1 storyline.

Its still 4 separate campaigns…I can’t go to one zone and do 1 campaign and get TBC normal flying I have to go to 4 different zones and do 1 campaign per zone so its 4…I don’t use new math…

1 Like

Your mind is as made up as a rock at the bottom of a pond. Have a nice life.

I was on beta last night, doing the kobold quest where you have to fly through the steam venting through the broken pipe above the main hub in Ringing Deeps. I’d done the quest once in alpha and hated it, and it was just as awful this time around. I ran out of vigor, even using all three of my recharges. I don’t get motion sickness, but that quest was painful enough on my eyes, I got dizzy.

You have to go fast to recharge vigor and avoid just falling, but speed makes it even harder to control maneuverability without smacking into walls or obstacles and fully negating your vigor-recharging speed. Ugh.

7 Likes

In all xpac with pathfinder that required the main campaign to be completed it always follows the story line zone campaigns which are each zones main story lines. This is nothing new. Its the same thing, complete the main story line achievement. Stop acting like its different or more work this time than any other time.

1 Like

its the easiest its ever been.

2 Likes

In that case, put the faster flying behind pathfinder.

6 Likes

Translation: Players aren’t working hard enough when they travel. They get to take breaks. Both of these are degenerate behavior that players who have issues with vision, mobility, or orientation should have stopped hiding behind the claim that a disability made it difficult.

3 Likes

And you never could and this never was that, you made it up, they didn’t change or rug pull anything. Everyone knew campaign storyline meant… the campaign storyline, not a single zone. You made up something else and now you’re mad reality didn’t align with you.

Still not opposed to them opening Static Flying from the get go, despite how people are acting in these threads.

3 Likes

As a disabled person who is slightly hindered by Dragonriding as opposed to normal flying … I don’t think it’s discrimination. People need to stop making everything personal and accosting companies of this when that’s not the intent.

What’s weird is they should just let us choose which flying mode we prefer from the get-go and I’m unsure why they don’t.

I personally have a little issue with dragonriding because I’m legally blind with nystagmus, so it takes me a bit to visually process things. So because I can’t quickly spot things, I end up flying too far, or not being able to see it at all going those speeds. And the fact that I can’t just stop dead in the air to orientate myself just makes me not want to do it.

I love Dragonriding for getting from point A to known point B (or while using TomTom. :P) But it’s a nightmare to quest with.

I’m not using my disability as a crutch or to play victim, though. This complaint should hold just as much weight as “I simply don’t prefer it.”

And, honestly, since Dragonriding is superior on paper anyway, why not just let us choose? Aren’t we theoretically handicapping our speeds by choosing normal flying anyway? O.o

3 Likes

People said they were ok with the BC->MoP style of old flying unlocks, and that we should go back to that.

So we got a modernized version of that system.

Instead of “get to max level, then purchase a license for gold from a vendor, and you have to pay again for each subsequent character”, It’s now “do something you were going to do anyways (unlock world quests), and explore, then it’s account wide”.

It’s much easier to explore all the new zones once, than it is to pay ~30,000 gold per character (adjusting the Wrath price up for inflation).

1 Like