TWW - Oh Lawd It's Coming

The only foe you can never truly defeat.

2 Likes

The lag is making me wonder if they didn’t implement shading for us this time. If sharding is active and it’s still like this, then my goodness, but if it isn’t, then I’d much rather it stay turned off even if that means a laggy first week or two. Does anyone know for sure if sharding is turned on?

I’ve come to a point where launch-lag just feels like a party.

I remember portal diving as a national WoW past time when the Argent Tourney dungeon was introduced. We voluntold a group member to continuously and futilely run into the dungeon portal till the overloaded instance server finally let us in.

RIP portal bosses. They’re immortal and drop no loot.

It’s not just our server. It’s being complained about on other servers besides RP servers.

1 Like

In that case, my goodness.

Updates and fixes for the event.

4 Likes

If I’m reading that correctly, it’s no longer going to be “you need to get there exactly as the timer switches to a new zone, and it’s 5 minutes until the boss spawns lol get bucked”

thank god but the prepatch still sucks

Oh this is much better lmao

• The event is continuous for the whole hour it’s up.
  • Completing objectives rewards you at least 200 currency.
  • Boss will net you 1400 and an item drop.

Once the boss is dead, it starts over and you can still get a drop from the boss the next time it spawns. So you can basically just do the zone non-stop for an hour and probably get a handful of drops to fill out the collections of gear and weapon appearances.

The quest is daily now and rewards 3000 currency.

2 Likes

Wait, does the boss keep respawning?

It is a bit better, though, and you don’t have to buy all the gear to get the appearances. They drop and you learn the appearances as they drop.

It still feels phoned in, conceptually, though.

I feel like Dragonflight had some serious missed opportunities for cohesion.

Still reading? I love you. Here we go:

• Plunderstorm not tied to DF at all. Would have been an amazing bridge to the final season, especially if the seasonal affixes were pirate themed. Further, no affixes in the raids so 90% of the raid team didn’t bother; it was boring. Imagine fighting Sark but uh… there’s cannon barrages or something?

• Remix: poor timing! I didn’t think I’d mind my characters being stuck there but guess what: I do. One, specifically, the new rogue that will be my primary alt or my main in TWW. I do think this could have been tied as well – the bridge to the pre-patch. Which means it would end when the pre-patch started.

• This event: some cute skin (I do like blue and gold ghostliness) applied to old models, tossed around 3 zones. Wow, how boring!! It would have been interesting if it was integrated to more places, and to our characters directly. Get some item from Magni that you can use to give a self buff, which causes the memories to appear as you go about your business. Like a personal affix you can click off. Or literally anything that spices up the whole of the world and can cause some funny times in groups.

Once I get 20k and the gryphon, time to grind 20k out on Horde.

At least it made August’s trading post stuff get done pretty much automatically :slight_smile:

edit: the heirloom ring should have some ‘Azeroth memory’ themed proc, too.

3 Likes

Just checked – buying one of the mounts adds both to your collection :smiley:

1 Like

They made more changes to this event to make it more palatable:

Don’t know if any were already mentioned but I should get around doing these. I’ve been trying to wrap up Remix as much as I can before the 19th this month.

3 Likes

Ran some more of the event last night. The scenario bosses can drop loot too. Got some plate bracers off Hakkar.

The increase in currency is very noticeable too.

Overall all it’s much much improved, lag is still an issue though.

I feel like lag is a fairly unavoidable issue with these sorts of events.
If they sharded it more, I’m sure there’d be people complaining there’s not enough participating in the event and it’s taking too long to do the scenarios / kill bosses.

3 Likes

Yeah. Last night was really bad, but it was also strange. When we fought the Lich King it was fine, no lag and a large group of people, but the Ragnaros fight was like watching a slide show.

I wasn’t having any lag issues until this afternoon when I did Lich King. I don’t know if it’s because it was right at the reset into the new zone so there might have been multiple instances of people fight the Lich King in different layer/phases that was clogging up the internet tubes?

Maybe it’s just me, but nothing will ever top TBC’s prepatch event.

Going into Ironforge (Which was called informally Lagforge back in the day), and heading to the front gate and the frame…rate…drops…to…single…digits…

You round that corner and see the mound of corpses - both fresh and skeletons. Then you see the massive Doomguard.

2 Likes

I remember this. At Booty Bay. My server was underpopulated and we couldn’t kill him. So he stomped around and murdered everyone.

If I recall, Blizz had to do some major resetting of that pre-patch event, too. Because he camped some server’s Stormwind for hours.

1 Like

I feel like BfA’s pre-patch suffered a lot both because it felt like an unsettling repeat of MoP and Theramore and because it begged the question of why is Azerite so damn important if all it does is make stuff blow up more.

2 Likes

Admittedly I wasn’t playing during the MoP prepatch (MoP is the only expansion launch I missed, since I was fully invested in SWTOR at the time), but in terms of pre-patch hype, nothing has managed to top BFA for me.

Lore implications aside, for me the sheer hype of watching the story play out as it did week by week in an old world zone was unparalleled. RP was firing on all cylinders as characters either cheered on the war effort or struggled to reconcile their own values and beliefs with what they were forced to take part in. Every pre-patch event since has felt strangely static and one-note and disconnected from any kind of developing story.

3 Likes

So far the best thing about this patch is being able to learn other armor types for your alts.

I have always had more items in char banks that I always intended to send to the right armored alt but never did. I’ve cleared up so much bank space its ridiculous.

1 Like