TWW Login Screen Music

Besides the first few notes, it’s fine. Nothing special. Same-same, but different.

2 Likes

To be fair, the first few notes is all I’m gonna hear when logging in anyway.

1 Like

Yeah, and they’re pretty aggressive imo. The pitch sounds off, not really a fan. I may be putting my headphones on once I’m in the game going forward.

awful, same as the login screen. blizzard been lacking decent artworks idk whats going on

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the worst log in screen to date but the music is good.

3 Likes

those opening notes and vocals are rooooouuuugh

the rest sounds fine tho.

2 Likes

I hope it still needs to be edited. The login screen is the introduction of the game. It sets the tone for the expansion, and for this particular login screen the World Soul Saga.

With the Battle.net app we’re mostly logged in from there, so we don’t spend much time on the login screen. We get a few brief notes. These are not the notes that should represent the introduction of the Saga.

It’s not even a major change that’s needed, the tuning just sounds off.

Yooooo if you listen to all of it, it sounds like game of thrones. It sounds good

1 Like

I’m pretty sure when I listened to it on my phone that my ears started to bleed.

2 Likes

Opening makes my ears feel weird.

Man that theme is sick, and I forgot that the WoW theme is in 7 (possibly 7/4), or ‘septuple meter’, but we’ll come back to that and I’ll give some examples of other awesome songs in 7…

That pizzicato, high-pitched chime/string – with 8th note intensity – in the intro sets the tension to 11 as a foundation, with this swirling, major melody. This chiming intro dives into the familiar wow theme in seven, with what was a softer – but still tense – intro rhythm being replaced by thick orchestral percussion: the war within has erupted from just a gentle chiming.

The chords tease in major, but seem firmly in minor, until ~50 seconds in, then we get into this soaring melody, with the percussion becoming more of a march.

Then some melancholy sections…and the outro is highlighted by a similar initial melody, and a much slower beating of a drum than the cadence we heard at the beginning. The sounds are…weathered. Aged? Muted? Much more somber and less bright than the intro. The composer – to me – clearly wanted to convey a journey from bright to turmoil to uncertain dark.

Now for some cool songs also written in 7:

1 Like

Good stuff, glad they’ve brought out the bagpipes again.

I’m eager to hear the full version.