[TWW] Flavor Pocket and Cooking

Why we love flavor pocket:

• It saves a bunch of essentially dead time, it doesn’t feel good to just re-eat before a fight when the “work” that went into getting the feast was already accomplished. It’s just time-wasting when we want to enjoy other parts of content.
  • For M+, rebuffing takes so long it’s pretty costly. Yet, historically feasts have been a significant buff to player power. Having it last throughout dying makes deaths less penalizing - and that feels good.
  • After having flavor pocket in DF, if we don’t have it in TWW it’ll feel poopy not having it.

What we could do in The War Within (ideas)

• A max-level cooking quest or achievement that unlocks the ability to create a glove-enchant (or something) to apply a flavor pocket buff.
  • A max-level cooking quest, consumable, or feast that expert chefs can make to apply a lasting-through-death food buff.
  • A max-level cooking ability or item that multiple chefs can use together to create a feast which lasts through death.
  • A max-level chef who crafts items can add a “free” flavoring ingredient onto items which allows feasts to last after death.

Overall there are a ton of cool ideas we could do in TWW. Not only would this keep flavor pocket but it could make some cool cooking content for those who work on their profession.

Thank you!

7 Likes

I like the idea of having the choice to spend a little bit more for food to last longer. Eating food between each pull in raids can distract you and often feels like it’s just slowing you down.

One thing I would add is that food need to scale better in term of healing, it would make sense to have food that tanks can use to heal themselves better. As the expansion carry on food become less and less useful toward healing your character and I think it would make sense to want to bring back either food better for healing in general or that would scale in % of max hp when it heals so you always can be full after having eat that food.

2 Likes

We had a recent conversation about this with my raid team, while discussing ways to be more efficient with our raiding. It’s funny several of my raiders didn’t know about the flavor packet as they never took part in the cooking event. I would also love to see this carried over in TWW.

2 Likes

It is definitely a new thing that I think helped a lot in certain content, particularly M+. You could see how useful and popular they were by how they started out at 10k on the AH until a lot of people found out they existed and the price shot up to over 90-100k in a week or 2.

Thematically, it made sense to come from soup. While TWW will still likely have some community events, I don’t know that there will be a faction that is cooking related like the Tuskarr were. So if we want to keep the affect, how do we implement it?

It could be kept as an embellishment. Perhaps it can be purchased from vendors or perhaps it can be crafted by a profession with some gathered materials and a vendor purchased material? Like if the Artisan’s Consortium sticks around, they might sell a reagent that requires some rep and some gold that is required for it.

You could also try an enchanment or something. It’s possible, but the price/investment might be a bit harder to regulate. The additional food reagent when actually crafting could also be an avenue, like the ooey gooey chocolate that increases multicraft.

I do hope the mechanic stays, since it is useful, but unsure exactly how they might keep it without making it seem out of place.

2 Likes