TWW Beta (Arcane)

Got on there, fought through 100 bugs and disconnects, finally got setup and ran a dungeon and I don’t know, it’s all out of sync for me. I used to use Missiles as filler dmg, but now that isn’t an option. For some reason arcane charges were not showing up anywhere in the UI, nor could I track the other things (was trying harmony build).

I DO NOT enjoy the arcane talent tree, feels like I’m fighting one hand against the other. Or more specifically, if I favor ST, then AOE jumps out the window, or of I favor AOE, good by to ST. I even dropped ToM (and all the sub talents) so I could get down to orb barrage. My basic priority was Orbs, then barrage, then missiles, but maybe that’s one too many things to try and boost. Like maybe I should just pick orbs and missiles and find the build in there. Just felt like too much work to try and navigate, dropped out of too many things to get to where I wanted to be. The capstones (other than orb barrage), seem like “meh” it’s just weird to try and play around missiles no longer being available unless CC proc is up. I don’t mind the change, I think it’s for the best, but I need to change how I play.

Spellslinger was ok, but the visual for splinters is so tiny/insignificant, I couldn’t even get a good gauge for how many were getting applied (or if they were getting applied at all). After one dungeon (which hard crashed the game on the way to the last boss), I think I’m just gonna bail till it goes live and have someone re-teach me how to play/which talents to pick. Cause honestly, it’s beyond me.

The Tier set is truly uninspired in it’s effect, some minor dmg gain to Blast from 2-piece and then minor dmg gain to others in 4-piece. Id’ rather it was just a simple +5% arcane dmg, and then +10% crit or something. But that’d be about the same.

I’m tracking any feedback you all give, some of you seem to be loving it and I’ll have to rely on you all for how the build ends up. And big props to those who do play and test and give good feedback to the Devs.

1 Like

Personally, i like the idea of a low impact tier set. (assuming its across the board for all classes).
I never liked the fact that you had to sit on gear waiting for a complete set or not able to break the set with clear ilevel upgrades in bag. I am sure that’s still a thing, but to a smaller degree. I think set items felt best with things like the mechagon rings or the musicbox set, nice to have but doesn’t trump ilevel.

Let me know your feedback on M+, i think it will be a great time for mages with the new affixes, specifically mages that are willing to multi-spec, will be in demand.

Nice to see arcane get its own week to shine.

• Reckless - Non-boss enemies without mana ignore 20% armor with their attacks, but their armor is reduced by 30% and they take 10% increased Arcane damage.
  • Thorned - Non-boss enemies without mana inflict Physical damage to their attackers when attacked, but take 10% increased Holy and Shadow damage.
  • Attuned - Non-boss enemies with mana inflict 20% increased magic damage, but take 10% increased Nature damage and 30% increased damage from Bleed effects.
  • Focused - Non-boss enemies with mana have 30% increased Haste, but take 10% increased Frost and Fire damage.
2 Likes

I hate this change so much. Seems the mage community is split on it, with myself wanting to use it whenever I can, and if it is empowered, more power to it!

But even using it via clearcasting only feels incredibly weak. I’m more worried in PvP when you get to use it via clearcasting, only to get kicked, silenced, stunned, feared, interrupted, or any other puedo-interrupt.

It will feel so awful.

2 Likes

I just want to point out that Demon Hunters have a talent that turns all their non-physical damage in to Chaos damage which benefits from all spell school types except for I think Holy.
Destro also has Chaos Bolt.

I didn’t know that. Seems like a class that will also shine, i like the concept they are going for, hope it works out.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not looking forward to it

I really hate all the changes as well. I think mana gem was the only talent that need to go other then that dragonflight arcane felt way better then the war within version. I hate that they gutted arcane to make it more accessible when it never was that hard to begin with. And now it’s ironically less accessible cos no-one will invite arcane to anything.

Please revert Blizzard it’s O.k for a spec to have more then a few buttons to manage.

2 Likes

I have not had a ton of time to play on beta, but so far with arcane it feels like definitely needs 2 (maybe 3?) more points in its talent tree.

It’s the main thing that sticks out for me when testing these talent and different combinations. I kind of want to say it feels a like a big problem. I want to post this in beta forums, but even though I do have beta, I can’t post there.

1 Like

Try to manually relog into forums - that helped most people with similar issues.

As for freeing several talent points - making Improved Clearcasting baseline (as it is mostly a QoL feature) and turning Arcane Debilitation and Prodigious Savant into 1 point talents could easily achieve that.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried Sunfury?
I’ve tried it and it seems spellfire orbs are abysmal to summon. It’s seems so slow, that maxing them out is pointless. Also arcane surge eats all spellfire orbs, by summoning the phoenix.
The cooldown of arcane surge doesn’t allow you to max them out? What’s the point of building them up to 5? You can’t.

The tier set is confusing for me. I need to play with it more.

I also wished arcane had more points to spend. My play style will have to change since I seem to not be able to reach the bottom last tier, because I like all the early talents. lol :laughing:

1 Like

I look forward to whole weeks running 3 arcane mages in a group :slight_smile: that’d be hot! I am surprised they are going this route as it really incentivizes different specs/classes from week to week.

Please restore Chrono Shift! It was so fun to use.

1 Like