TWW: Archon Priest

They look terrible for everyone it would seem.

1 Like

Archon changes are even worse than prior. Making it seem even less attractive to play lol.

Your link in your write up is broken btw…

The combined thoughts of myself and other members of the Priest Theory team have already been compiled and explained in thorough detail over on The Offcial WoW Forums, however these are my three main takeaways after having seen and played the Archon Hero Talent Tree in The War Within.

Page not Found

They took the alpha forums down about 5 minutes ago, that’s why.

I’ll change it when I have somewhere to link people to.

Ah, that explains it lol.

I guess they listened to our Feedback about Luminous Barrier and Divine Hymn being mediocre in 5 mans.

There’s talent tree overhauls as well. Still waiting on the beta to download.

Unless they didn’t list ALL the changes in text, the changes listed are very minor and I wouldn’t consider being “overhaul” level of changes.

Happy to be wrong though.

We shall see soon I suppose.

Fighting the loading screen boss to get in and confirm.

Yea I didn’t bother paying for the next expansion yet if I ever will.

Too busy and on principle as I’ve learned my lesson paying in advanced lol.

I got in for about 30s before I was booted off. Talent trees looked exactly the same on Disc/Holy. Didn’t get to swap Shadow.

Go disc! It’s awesome.

I think the problem is not gameplay/numbers.

The problem is that the effects and visuals do not apply to the description they sold us

Serendipity Is the cooldown of Holy word spells like sanctify and serenity. The tier for Hpriest could be really good if that secondary heal also procs serendipity. It would be some fast recharges for sanctify and serenity.

Another way to make Halo more interactive and game changing is similar to my idea of making Holy Word: Serenity and Shadow Word: Death create a halo at the targets origin point but to reign in its uses for balance purposes, make it so each Halo you create manually, it builds a charge to create a Halo on the target of your next Holy Word: Serenity or Shadow Word: Death.

Because this would be limited to only 3 additional Halos every minute, these would behave just like your manually casted/created Halos in that they expand and contract and all the other synergies that revolves around Halo.

If not added as a baseline feature to Archon, perhaps it could find its way as a Tier Set bonus…

Archon Tier set Bonus Idea

• 2 set: Casting Halo grants Holy Word: Serenity and Shadow Word: Death an additional charge and their healing and damage is increased by 20% for 15 seconds.
  • 4 set: Halos created by casting Halo causes your next Holy Word: Serenity and Shadow Word: Death to create a Halo at the targets location, stacking up to 3.

Did a few dungeons and was really underwhelmed by the halo output. In strong grpwide AoE, which happens all the time in higher keys, it won´t do much for us it seems. Oh, and talking about not doing much… Hymn still isn´t worth the global and the cast time…

Tbh, i´m getting Dragonflight Flashbacks over and over again.
There we got pruned, no knock anymore, just so Evoker can have em and on top we had to rely on said class. No Priesthealer will forget your Power Word: Middlefinger update. Silence for weeks and months and then you came with horrible updates. And now it happens again.

Never forget, never forgive.

You are still not giving us any mobility, you are still not giving us a kick. You nerfed Salvation but don´t revert the nerf after Tier set is gone.

Talking about Tier Set: I strongly refuse to go back to Lightweaver again. Scratch LW and replace it by our DF S3/4 Tier. Or make Miracleworker a 2pointer where the second point rewards the effect.

If we really stay like this, i won´t even bother touching TWW. As Holypriest i´m tired of coping from “Surely we will get hotfixed” to “Surely next Patch” to “Surely next Addon” without something happening. Wasn´t hyped for DF, even less - if possible - Hype for TWW as it stands. What should a Holypriest look forward to? Getting a bunch of automated Halos and otherwise stay the wheelchair with a horrible toolkit?

Remove Mindgames and add Nightfae blink. It´s expensive to go there in the tree as healer, we miss out for stuff for getting it, it´s ok. Finally give us SOMETHING.

For Archon:
Make Halo empowered. Let us decide
I One Halo
II Two Halos
III All Halos

With that, we can at least decide how the healing for the (please don´t call it Archon anymore, it does not fit any of the fantasy you put in the flavor text or anything that relates to an Archon, no matter from which universe) Archon tree arrives. I bet you´ll make the raid dmgpatterns insanely bursty again and the slow moving halos get eaten up by revivals and rewinds etc. anyway.
For Oracle i won´t say anything - if it somehow ends up being the meta spec, it´s just another reason to don´t touch TWW.

Get a skilled Dev to do Priest, we desperatly need it.

3 Likes

Another Idea is to have a talent that rewards you for sniping targets with Power Word: Life and Shadow Word: Death at a low health threshold would create a Halo.

• Lethal Force
    Create a Halo at your targets location when you successfully use Power Word: Life or Shadow Word: Death on a target at or below 20% health. This effect cannot occur more than 1 time every 10 seconds.

Or at or below 35% heath, you Create a Halo at the target. At or below 20% heath, you create a Halo that also returns.

Healing is going to feel bad on the beta and the expansion start because you’re only given green/blue gear to start off. Also, you get crap for secondary stats because they’re all reset again back to basically 0. The difference between purples and greens is 30% more primary/secondary stat.

Also, they increased the amount of stamina relative to healing power by about 30-40%. Flash Heal only covers about 6% of somebody’s hp bar. It’s going to be an issue for M+, but for raid it’s honestly needed because we were overhealing around 40-45% on average.

Getting it down to a realistic 15-20% overhealing means people need bigger hp bars. If people spend more time <50% hp then it makes Desperate Times and Lightwell better.

Divine Hymn heals for about an amount equal to 3-4 Flash Heals to each person in the group. If you couple it with Archon Halo both abilities should be able to heal through really any rough boss AOE.

However, we are still waiting to see any Holy tree revamps.

I suggest doing some extreme cardio and practice some deep diving because I get the feeling we will have to wait a loooooong time before we see any major level of changes lol.

Did they say holy was getting a revamp? Or that priest was getting any major changes? So far we’re on the very low end for changes and, while I’m very negative on priest design overall right now, I’m almost afraid that they are going to try to do some unannounced reworks given their history.

They probably need their launch candidate ready in ~6 weeks and all three specs have talents like Twilight Equilibrium, which simply doesn’t function with current design, is made even worse by the hero trees, and needs to be completely reworked or replaced. The timeline for priest changes getting onto the beta resembles, well, every expansion since Legion, and we’ve seen how that ends up.

Nothing quite like the last-second-half-rework-that-doesn’t-address-core-issues-with-no-feedback-allowed-because-they-ship-in-two-weeks-and-now-priest-is-at-the-back-of-the-rework-queue-sorry-folks-we-promise-we’ll-get-past-brainstorming-next-time we’ve gotten so accustomed to.

2 Likes

I’m disappointed because the archons in gnostic lore are the imperfect creators of creation (and AFAIK, they’re the only fantasy/mythology archons I’ve heard of). They’re a tad evil but also super powerful. I was hoping for something kinda epically metal on that kind of level, super powerful, also kinda evil. I agree that the halo emphasis is a bit disappointing in context.