TWW - Any tech improvements coming? DLSS3/FG/etc?

DLSS on its own would be pretty useless here, but the more later versions of DLSS features like DLAA and Frame Generation would greatly benefit updating visuals for this game. I believe we still only have FSR1?
AMD users can sort of enable AMF via driver level and that almost doubles fps under cpu limited events.

Would be good to see some more improvements to the engine to use more threads.

One of the most annoying things is when you pull a boss in raid and everyones popping cd’s because engine doesn’t handle information too well and balance things out, we have a massive fps drop. FG can help here , but combining with DLSS and better CPU usage we can get DLAA as well.

1 Like

Co-sign this Wow has been around for a long time and FSR 1.0 I thought would be a great step forward but as of now the setting apparently does absolutely nothing anymore…

DLSS needs to be trained with gameplay data so I understand why they may not have that upscaling tech as the world is so massive training all the data would probably take a long time, but that’s no excuse.

FSR and XESS are both open source and require no training and we’ve seen that FSR can work in wow they just stopped supporting it?

FSR has come a long way since version 1.0 and their next release is supposed to be the best yet as far as visuals go it’s a shame blizzard doesn’t want to prioritize these things even though it would help many people with potato systems run the game at an acceptable frame rate.

It’s more than just ray tracing and pretty visuals it’s accessibility and I think that’s important to lower the barrier of entry for players who may not have the resources to buy the newest stuff. These upscaling technologies can do wonders for old/bad hardware in improving frame rates and I think blizzard needs to hop on the train already!

Side note not a dev never worked at blizzard perhaps there’s a good reason we don’t know about :stuck_out_tongue: