[TWW Alpha] - no hunter hype, nobody posting Youtube videos, nobody cares

Hello,

The alpha has been out for a week already, and the hunter hype is at an all time low! It feels like hunter does not exist on TWW Alpha.

• Nobody posting about their experience
  • Nobody posting videos

Search Youtube for:

• “TWW Alpha mage” (3 trees) - Dratnos, Preheat, Xaryu, Aeghis and more
  • “TWW Alpha warlock” (3 trees) - Jaggz, Kalamazi
  • “TWW Alpha priest” - (2 trees) AutomaticJak, Publik, anboniwow and more
  • “TWW Alpha rogue” - (1 tree) Hachadino (whoever this is)
  • “TWW Alpha druid” (4 trees) yumitv, psybear and many more
  • “TWW Alpha monk” (2 trees) - Venruki, Mysticall, many many more
  • “TWW Alpha demon hunter” (1 tree) - Jedith and one more
  • “TWW Alpha shaman” (1 tree) Tiqqle
  • “TWW Alpha hunter” (3 trees) - 0 HITS, NO RESULTS FOUND
  • “TWW Alpha evoker” (3 trees) - preheat, yumitv and a lot more
  • “TWW Alpha warrior” (3 trees) - bahjeera, danwar and more
  • “TWW Alpha paladin” (3 trees) - lvladen, towelliee and a few more
  • “TWW Alpha death knight” (3 trees) - bicepspump, yodatv and some more

I want to ask the developers: why do you think this is?

Why is hunter one of the most played classes in the game, has all 3 hero trees released, and yet has ZERO videos uploaded on Youtube, while classes with just 1 hero tree have more?

I have a theory:

• Because of this: Feedback: Hunter Updates - #2 by Kaivax
  • Because the 3 hunter hero talent trees are the weakest, dullest and most uninspired of all classes in the game
  • Because hunter as a class hasn’t been updated since Dragonflight Beta

You have to do something to have the playerbase engage.

Next time, please come up with “real” hunter development news, not this “nothing to announce, but we’re listening” response

Thank you

Update 30 April - Supatease was the first to post a video in English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dnRZoJW81c

17 Likes

half of our hero trees are bugged and do not function and there have been no changes to DF. hardly anything to make videos about now lil bro

5 Likes

I actually just went searching about half an hour ago on youtube looking to see if anyone had posted vids about hunter hero talents from the alpha and indeed there’s nothing.

The only things there are speculation from what’s been published from wowhead or blizzard’s press releases about them.

That’s incredibly sad and depressing. :frowning:

8 Likes

I feel like Kirenaika just enjoys making a new daily thread to complain about things

5 Likes

Azortharion has made a video for all three hero talents. He also has been testing on his stream. Other lesser-known content creators have expressed their opinions. That being said, one major issue that the class is facing right now is that we are not seeing any changes to the class talents or mechanics, as well as some of the hero talents are not working correctly.

3 Likes

Yet, you showed enough interest to reply.

If you don’t like it, feel free to challenge my points and arguments, that’s totally fair.

Going after me personally on the other hand doesn’t make much sense, because I will not stop posting these threads. I leveled this character to post on the US forums, and as long as I don’t break any rules, I’m entitled to it as much as you are.

4 Likes

Ok bepples

2 Likes

What caught my attention is that there isn’t even too much hype about new pet models yet, outside of a single thread on Petopia’s own forum page last I checked. I know it’s only alpha, but typically in past expansions (from my experience) hunter pet hype begins with alpha and grows as more news is announced.

It’s a small detail compared to the lack of class changes, but it caught my eye because even a little detail like that which is not attached to class abilities/talents seems to be lackluster for this expansion’s alpha.

2 Likes

Thanks, I found his content a few days ago, although I had to install this twitch app on my TV :joy:

He did the heavy lifting for us and for sure did a great job, but his style is more scientific and with a 3-hour long stream, not many would see it.

For all other classes (but rogue - which still has just one tree) though, oh my… just watch some youtube… people are hyped!! - duels, dungeons, showing new openers and burst rotations, having fun, switching specs around, trying things, enjoying it

This is how you bring back players to WoW

Nobody has shown any enthusiasm for hunter :joy: and that can’t be for no reason

I hope the devs notice it and do something about it

Funny, I came here to post something similar. I can’t find a single video of Hunter (preferred Survival) in the Alpha. Even if the talents are boring I have hope there will SOME kind of added flavor. As pack leader, even if my pet shows some kind of new visual…

Really hoping Pack Leader sees a rework, but honestly I think it is unlikely…

5 Likes

I saw pack leader on Azerthorian’s twitch and it didn’t seem to have any visual effects yet, but then again, as you said, it would have to be something with the pet and I might have missed it

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This has been the case since legion. Nothing new. If you are looking for fresh and exciting then hunter is NOT the class right now. We don’t even have a dedicated developer as far as I know. That said they did say changes and attention is coming.

Let’s see what happens when there is actually something to cover.

6 Likes

I think it’s more the fact you’re making multiple threads about the same thing daily that’s getting a bit ridiculous. Surely you can just bump your existing thread

4 Likes

Shaman only have 1 Hero Tree as well. Mail wearers are riding the same strugglebus.

4 Likes

I went back to look at that youtuber’s page. I’m not seeing any Alpha footage? Just the same info from website published information. Is it mixed in with one of the other classes’s videos?

There’s nothing on youtube, the only one so far is on twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2123321764

1 Like

I mean those are two separate posts, with comments from others (including comments directing OP to Azor’s twitch) in between.

Quoting it like this is disingenuous at best.

5 Likes

I see that you’ve replied to somebody who I’ve blocked (their posts don’t appear for me).

I don’t know what they said, but it’s probably not worth wasting your time with, from my experience.

This person makes a lot of very rapid 180s all the time. It’s just interesting to me that they made a thread saying there is NO video alpha information without bothering to actually check. Isn’t that “disingenuous at best”