Two requests - rare kill check, and maw-zone-mount script

Hey guys,

I was just lucky enough to get the Mawsworn Soulhunter mount - I’m wondering if there’s a script I can add to my mount macro that will allow the macro to work when I’m in the maw (so it’ll use my other mounts out in the world, but will specifically use this one when I’m in the maw).

This is my current macro:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [nomounted, flyable,nomodifier:ctrl] Grinning Reaver;[nomounted]Midnight,Armored Irontusk,Crypt Gargon
/dismount [mounted]

Also, I’m looking for the script that will check whether I’ve killed particular rares for the day. I farm mounts on lots of alts and totally lose track of who’s done what. Hopecrusher (wowhead id 166679) is one I’ll probably be farming for a while - I know it uses the id, but haven’t been able to find the actual script.

Thanks.

For the Maw mount, you’ll need a micro-addon to accomplish this, and a modification to your existing mount macro.

1. Add /click MawMount to your existing macro.
#showtooltip
/castsequence [nomounted, flyable,nomodifier:ctrl] Grinning Reaver;[nomounted]Midnight,Armored Irontusk,Crypt Gargon
/click MawMount
/dismount [mounted]
  1. Create a new addon and include this as the Lua. If you don’t know how, use addon.bool.no and just paste the below in the Code section.
--MawMount
local function MawMountUpdate(self,event)
	local MawMount_macro_text
	if C_Map.GetBestMapForUnit("player") == 1543 then
		MawMount_macro_text = [[
/use [nomounted]Mawsworn Soulhunter]]
	else
		RW_macro_text = [[]]
	end
	self:SetAttribute("type","macro")
	self:SetAttribute("macrotext",MawMount_macro_text)
end
local MawMount = CreateFrame("Button","MawMount",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate")
MawMount:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
MawMount:RegisterEvent("ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA")
MawMount:SetScript("OnEvent",MawMountUpdate)
2 Likes

Worked like a charm, and was way more painless than I thought it would be - thank you. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

1 Like

You can do this without an addon. I use the following macro:

#showtooltip Arboreal Gulper
/run if GetZoneText() == "The Maw" then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1304) else C_MountJournal.SummonByID(0) end

This will use the Mawsown Soulhunter if you’re in the Maw, and will use summon a random favorite mount if not. Change “Arboreal Gulper” to whichever mount you’d like displayed on the macro’s icon.

1 Like

HandyNotes + HandyNotes - Shadowlands
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/handynotes
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/handynotes-shadowlands