Two cents on a name

So, trying to figure out a name on a high pop server is an exercise in futility. Looking through a name generator I kind of had an epiphany. In Baldur’s Gate 3 one of the origin characters is called “Shadowheart” Sooooo, looking at the last name instead of first I was thinking of calling a future Undead Priest “Hollowlight” good or should I keep looking?

1 Like

HollowedLight is more like a title… Not a chara name… try again. now if you could speak orcish… what is Hollowedlight in orcish…

No no, Hollow Light, not Hollowed Light. As for your question I do not know. All orcish is translated to english for me.

I like it. I think it reflects how undead are hollow. They have no life in them, yet they can use the light.

I say stick with that name

1 Like

Meh. Hollowlight is sort of a bad name. To me, it doesn’t sound like a name, if you’re in a guild you’re either going to be called Hollow or Light, or maybe even HL. If you like it then go with it. But to me, it’ll always sound like a title.

I like it.

Yeah, Hollowlight just doesn’t roll of the tongue very well. It’s too hard. It sounds like two separate words when said aloud, and is why most would just call you Hollow. There’s also no character to it, sounds like an object.

Just my opinion though. If you like it then that’s more important.

Go with jimmy

Jimmy the priest

1 Like

I like it. As far as some of the others saying it “doesn’t sound like a name,” i’ve seen some pretty silly ‘names’ that likely wouldnt fit their criteria either, so if you like it, that’s what matters.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised how name sounding some word groupings can be when you put them through google translator to another language.

Case in point…
Hollow Light translated to German is Hohles Licht remove some letters and you get Hohlicht. Regoogle that just so you don’t end up with a name that means something horrible… (it doesn’t)

/moo :cow: