TWiW patch notes

Ok, so maybe I missed something being gone since WoD. But I was reading the patch notes and TWiW notes and saw something that caught me off guard. I was expecting the usual, explore new zones, learn about the new races, raid some badass raids, sky riding. And there is that cool thing where Druids flight from will be able to act like a sky riding mount.

But, the notes said you can start the TWiW journey on a level 70 character AFTER you’ve completed the last quest of the Dragonflight campaign. Now, unless I’m just not remembering something from Cata and MoP (the expacs I raided mainly in) I never had to do the previous expacs storyline to get access to the current expacs storyline.

Sure, perhaps the Dragon Isles will relate to TWiW zones Lore Wise. But, I chose not to do the DF stuff because I came back hella late in the Expac and didn’t really care for dragonflying, so I mainly farmed old content and leveled alts to get ready for TWiW… Just to find out I am going to be forced to do content I don’t want to do in order to access the new content. My sub expired a couple days ago and I’m not sure I will be grabbing another one.

If anyone can confirm or deny any of this, it would be appreciated. But, as it stands, I’m not pleased and (personally) this may be a deal breaker.

4 Likes

Only The Harbinger quest is required to do the pre-launch questline. Takes all of 10 mins tops to do. Nothing else is required.

5 Likes

Ok cool, that wasn’t how the patch notes made it sound. But that makes perfect sense. Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome. Glad I could help and put you at ease :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes