Twitch app installing Classic versions of addons in to retail

Anyone know of an alternative to the Twitch app? It was great back when it was Curse, but I get the impression that Amazon’s gutted the team working on it. All I use it for is managing WoW addons, which is now tucked away in a tiny corner of their bloated monster-app… it’s almost easier to just manually manage the addons at this point than to deal with all the bugs and shenanigans

EDIT: Bless you, Polgara!!

I don’t care for it either and only use it for addons - but before you delete it, try this:

1. Open Twitch, click your icon on top right, go into Settings
  2. In Settings > General: Change “When I Close the App” to “Exit Twitch”
  3. In Settings, select Addons
  4. Under Settings > Addons > General Settings: Turn on “Show my Addons at launch”
  5. Under Settings > Addons > Preferred Game: Select your default game
  6. Exit Twitch
  7. Open Twitch and you should be at your Addons page
2 Likes

Good news, Twitch just goofed this again. DBM, WeakAuras, Prat, and one other minor addon I use all updated to classic.

I was somehow able to get DBM to reinstall with the retail version but am unable to get that workaround working for the others.

Recently came back to the game and decided I wanted to redo my UI. Talk about a bad idea. Can get retail versions by specifying the file to download, but destroys the pretty much major reason of using an addon manager as if a classic version is more recent it’ll show an update and download that automatically.

And this can all easily be avoided if Twitch would spend a little bit of time implementing the ability to specify game versions. All the data is available from Curse Forge, but as in typical large tech company fashion seems it was left half-finished.

Man I miss Curse.

i tried creating a ticket for it but that seems to be broken too.

i wonder how long it will take them to notice?

This has been happening for a couple of weeks and reinstall was fixing it but today, it keeps updating to the Classic Update. Very tempting to delete Classic WoW altogether as it is rarely used and getting rid of that twitch profile to see if it helps.

Completely deleting the Classic Folder with all files finally allowed the reinstall option to work again on the twitch mods with the correct version.

While reinstalling the mods does revert them back to 8.3.0 again, every single automatic update is installing Classic mods instead of regular even without WoW Classic installed. I have to reinstall every update every time I allow Twitch to stay open.

still happening. i hate classic.
i don’t care how old this thread is, it’s annoying.
why tf is there an All The Things for classic, those idiots can’t even get transmog; that;s the whole point of that addon.

Overwolf client soon. Hopefully they fix that mess.