Twinks in 8.2

they added repeatable quests late in vanilla to turn in marks of honor for experience

hardly anyone actually did this in the real vanilla, but some do on PS

Meh, it can still be abused. You have some rando low lvl at the same lvl as you asking if you want to join a group for random low lvl dungeons for example, and if your not paying attention, that player could have the intention of trolling you. The player could have his experience turned off when he invites you and que the group up, and then it would give you that 95 percent reduced exp bonus. The odds of this are slim, but you cant understimate the power of trolling. If your not paying attention to who invites you, or who gets invited by looking at your debuff/buff slots, you could easily fall into a trap like that. So now ill be very careful of who gets invited to groups now. Always a possibility someone will offer to just do some casual dungeon crawling to sabotage some players exp gains. Then you have to leave, or bite the bullet costing you either exp, or a 30 min debuff.

is that the only thing?

This thread is so out of date it should be locked.

The macro exploit that got twinks into xp on bgs has been fixed. Previously they could turn their xp on and sit at the xp eliminator, then use a macro when their queue popped to turn off their xp and enter. Now anyone who enters a bg with xp off is simply removed.

There’s plenty that could be discussed, but this isn’t a thing anymore.

They split twink queues from normal BGs and the 95% reduction only happens when you physically invite twinks to content. There is little concern about it effecting content like BGs where the only other person effected woild also be twinks(assuming they group for bgs)

I do understand the need for this change, but for twinks who are just playing the game, the que times for exp off pvp are dead. I truly feel like blizzard should reintroduce the stat template and scaling tech blizzard added in legion. it could prove very beneficial for twinking.

Is that trash back in bgs again?

The best way to deal with this twinking garbage Is to permanently ban them, I would be totally ok with it

1 Like

Blizz could just make pre-120 BG’s scaled again like Legion

Would rather them do that to your realms as i hate playing with people from them

1 Like

If you can’t tell, does it really matter? :wink:

1 Like

A scaling system with an ilvl cap.

BoA’s are ilvl 24 at lvl 19. Blizzard could scale all gear with at least one stat to ilvl 24. Any gear over is down scaled.

On top of that templates would be active but modified. Instead of predefined stats, you can stack your preferred stat and it caps at the max ilvl for that bracket.

3 Likes

Finally I can give you a like :joy:

I like that stat template idea. I have mentioned it a few times elsewhere, and im sure im not the first one to come up with it, but it would definitely solve the op and unfairness issue. I would not see the harm in merging the ques together again with xpon and off. However, blizzard should also add the option of not queing up with a stat template with your exp turned off, and this would separate the exp off and on ques. It would be an option for people who dont want to do that.

I’ve mentioned that idea numerous times. It would create standardization while allowing some flexibility to prevent feeling… off.

Honestly, and being able to pvp with realistic que times would be nice as well. Most players retired their twinks when the separation started in wrath of the lich king, mainly because the que times were just way to long, and they still aren’t any better.
The twink community is large and active, but there are way more lvlers than twinks, but twinks are still a pretty big chunk of the playerbase. Right now its factions and sub factions against sub factions. Why not just merge them again then? If blizzard adds that stat template thing, there would be no unfair advantages of twinks running around, and everything would be relatively balanced and equal. Sure it would turn the sect of twinks off who just love to exploit the game, but at least allow the lot of us twinks who just want to pvp again, amongst everyone else, fair and square.

I can’t speak for queue times now but after Wrath separation, they were not too bad. Many retired because they could not roll over levelers. This was reinforced with all the posts back then.

I’m sure some put them on a shelf for queue times but we had many times more players. We had so many that xpoff’s website was able to make a close community where queue times were not even an issue.

But I do agree with the idea and hope it becomes a thing. It would be a win/win for all legit players.

U can always go premade or rbgs if u have a problem with it

Can we just ban you instead for being toxic towards how players want to play?

1 Like

If you read how blizzard is going about by the exp reduction it actually goes like this. If you are with a friend or the twink player then that person grouped with him/her before the dungeon que gets the effect. It will not cause the people that joined by que, only the person or persons in that premade groups. They already thought about people that got into the group by the que system. There will be no trolling so you are safe.