Twinking/BGS/brackets feedback

Yeah, I also hate people who think dungeons are for leveling instead of PvE. Those people who think the open world is for leveling instead of questing really grind my gears too. Grr!

1 Like

That made no sense

5 Likes

It’s pvp. It’s not lvl (leveler vs leveler). Last I checked it was still pvp and you are in a pvp forum.

You should take your own advice if you can’t hack it on BGs with people that actually pvp.

1 Like

Anything that is not max level content is for leveling. Period. Thats how mmos work if they arent sandpark. That means that the priority for that content is for ppl to enjoy it while leveling. Not for some scrub using a massively stronger character to steamroll them while they are leveling and having fun.

1 Like

Suuure it is. That’s why locked trial and vet accounts with max enchants on BIS dungeon gear are dominating BGs 110 and below? Blizz totally gets that locked accounts are going to level. :joy:

See above.

There are 3 things or a combination of them to consider before merging xp on and xp off queues

It is still a mystery to me of why there is a minimum ilevel requirement to queue for LFR PvE, but there is no ilevel requirement to queue for an unrated PvP.

For a low ilevel character, unrated PvP is generally more difficult and unforgiving than LFR PvE.

spoiler

I am not asking levelers to contribute unsettling amount of time and effort to deck out in top gear and don the BiS enchants and gems. But I am firmly asking them to have a reasonable ilevel before they want to party with me, regardless whether it is a PvE or PvP instance.

If someone shows up into 10-19 bracket with missing gear pieces, or into 20-29 bracket wearing common gear, I know they are going to s@ck. And they know they are going to s@ck. But they still join. And noone knows why. Because they can? Or perhaps because PvP community is busy bickering with each other instead of adopting a hardline stance of PvE community: “Sorry, Link. I can’t party with you. Come back when you’re a little… mmmmm… geared!”

Source: Minimum ilevel to queue for Instanced PvP suggestion

Basically a stats template option for an xp off character entering PvP Instance.

A template which would severely scale down xp off character’s gear and/or character stats while that xp off character remains inside a PvP Instance.

spoiler

If an xp off character queues up for PvP Instance, then a gear template is applied to an xp off character upon entering PvP Instance, scaling down xp off character’s gear to the specified minimum ilevel, and/or stats template is applied to an xp off character upon entering PvP Instance, scaling down character stats to a pre-determined minimum value available in the current PvP bracket they have entered.

This way an xp off character will have their gear advantage negated when they enter a PvP instance, and such xp off character will have to rely on their skill instead of gear to win.

If an xp off character wants to do an Instanced PvP with other xp off characters only, they can always queue for Wargames instead of PvP LFG finder. In Wargames, a gear/stats template will not be applied to an xp off character, and Wargame queues would be separated completely for those who do not want to compete with xp on levelers.

Source: Stats downscale template suggestion

Basically for money bags who want to pay Blizzard to enter the xp on battlegrounds as an xp off character, pay-per-bg.

PvP carrying happens in games like LoL wide and often, and even WoW arena carries offer the similar price per win with an in-game gold currency. Why can’t we pay Blizzard instead? I’d love paying up a reasonably consistent currency amounts to be able to go: “I am my carry. My destiny is my own.”

Source: Game Shop Item Suggestion: Experience reset potion

3 Likes

No problem, lemme hold your hand.

BG’s are for the fun of PvP and for leveling. If a person enjoys dungeons more, they can level that way. If a person enjoys questing more, they can level that way.

It accomplish both so it’s ‘for’ both, rather than one or the other.

Are you able to make sense of that?

Thats funny because i see people use the leveling excuse all the time instead of pvp

Levelers feel entilted to every thing thats why they use that excuse for anyone that beats them seperation party sync gear etc

6 Likes

Excuse for what?

for losing

4 Likes

If some quest is too hard to complete, it gets nerfed, so that levelers can catch up.

If some boss is too hard to beat, it gets nerfed, so that levelers can catch up.

If some vanguard PvPers are too hard to beat, they get ne… completely removed from the main pool, so that Lords of the Clicks can toothpick each other and feel bada$$, maggoting in a blissful ignorance until they reach max level. And then comes the surprise in a form of mythic geared premades and suddenly levelers lose interest in PvP.

7 Likes

Gambling is for the fun of the ardour and for consistent income. If a person enjoys full time job more, they can earn that way. If a person enjoys freelancing more, they can earn that way.

Yes, this is exactly how you sound.

2 Likes

Yep levelers will use literaly any excuse in pvp i have every class to 120 atm and i have leveled some races for heritage armor on side and did bgs and the things i have seen were sad

i saw alot of thanks for wasting my time and getting no xp type of thing its truly sad rofl

People also come up with the stupidest things. i still laugh to this day of people saying people shouldn’t use gliders and stuff in low lvl pvp as well a few months ago on this forum

6 Likes

People use leveling as an excuse to lose battlegrounds? I… okay.

What a loaded and completely inapt comparison.

Yes, people should have a variety of ways to level. I enjoy BG’s more than dungeons and quests generally so I’m grateful for that option. Good change.

No problem, lemme hold your hand.

PvP is gambling.

Winner takes it all, and is better off than a person who makes a living through a full time job.

Loser… Goes to forums and complains about Gus Hansens and Dan Bilzerian. Gus Hansen and Dan Bilzerian are banned from playing with a loser.

Are you able to make sense of that?

3 Likes

A percentage of the pvp community views this as a very large Blizz mistake. It causes problems. Gutting established pvp parameters to allow people in substandard gear or missing gear. Raises the levels of whining. Raises the levels of verbal abuse. Raises the number of quitters. Raises the number of afkers. Gives false impression of what pvp is at high level/cap, further causing whiners/quitters/afkers. Sets pvp up as “just another tool for me to use” instead of keeping it as team play.

And then this. ^ So they can arrive here, on this forum, screaming and crying about _____ (stick whatever you want in that blank, the crying is about so many things).

7 Likes

I don’t remember saying that I don’t get it. My recollection from 20 seconds ago was that I said it was an inapt comparison, which it still is.

Yeah reading your last sentence made me think all those leveling threads people cried about people dont even play anymore lol

6 Likes

Yes, people should have a variety of ways to earn the income. I enjoy Gambling more than full time job and freelancing generally so I’m grateful for that option. Good change.

Yet I think professional gamblers should not be allowed to play with me. Only fellow amateurs are allowed.

1 Like

I believe he is taking a jab at your condescending words to Killshotjr, not assuming you don’t get it…

1 Like