Twin Moonfire & Galactic Guardian

Why are we swapping “TM” and “GG” row’s in 10.1.5 ? Now we will have to take “GG” to get “TW” so that we can get “Scintillating Moonlight” up on all the mobs waste of a point just like having “berserk” in three spots. “TW” should still be in the same spot and “GG” should be in the old or new spot of “Moonless Night” The dev’s need to have peps that play druid “bear” work on the damn tree cuz it’s still fubar for S1. “Blizz” be like will give them maybe S1 1/2 of “TW” then take it away along with a never right tree to forever respec each week/dungeon/raid and or boss fight.

you’ll likely be getting your DR from rend and tear now and not from scintillating moonlight, as you can trade those 2 points to pick up both rend and tear and UF.

What im curious about is if Scintilating Moonlight and Rend & Tear DR’s stack.

That could be useful in raids where theres 1 real target.

UF, or phonetically, OOF!

Twinning was always more reliable for AoE maintenance but the Rage on GG was a nice bonus. RNG can go straight to heck though. That’s not skill—it’s just annoying.

Most DR bonuses are multiplicative, so you won’t get 10% reduction from each. You’ll get 10% from the first and then 10% of 90% or 9% from the next. 10% and 10% are still a net equal boost for time to live but generally speaking you want to flush separate mitigations rather than stacking percentage bonuses. That is, a shield and a DR will probably get more mileage more times than double DRs.

Staggering percentage reductions tends to be the healthiest move and lets you rotate cooldowns. ToI and Moonboy will still be a strong option because of Rage dumping and DoC/AtWF procs.

Moonless night at 20% will also be Sleeper with Raze. Think about it… bear gets an extra 30% Arcane, 40% leech. That pushed Moonless to almost 26% and just over 10% leech passively.

The leech throughput plus high damage potential in spread cleave plus short CD on Rage of Sleeper almost justifies laughing at UF and ignoring it outright. … I mean 6% from RNT and 60% Raze shield or massive rot and smash dam from Moonfires… moon bear strong and Raze moon bear stronger. This is strictly for M+ but ong yes, the best.

Closing Note: If Pulverize is a capstone (and doesn’t overpower and slap AoE waves like D4 Druid), a nice twist would be to consume ALL thrash stacks for extra benefits as a set bonus… (and the 4pc slapping overpowered waves every 12 seconds—GIVE ME THIS FANTASY) Just consider the option. Pulverize almost always the raid option though with 35% DR at a whopping 22% uptime. Pulverize without the extra thrash stacks RnT scintillating rage and incarn. More cooldowns and buttons than a new Tesla, in bear form.

are you intending to run no incarn? because you don’t have enough points to run moonless night, scintillating moonlight and raze without dropping incarn. You also need to consider that GG is no longer going to proc off of itself so unless you are manually casting your moonfires the damage is going to be considerably lower.

Honestly, I probably wouldn’t run incarn.

But… https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/talent-calc/druid/guardian/DAAAOVUVRIgUFgFAWRUBA … I am now thinking about doing it anyways for the +100% damage windows every minute.

Always manually cast your first moonfires to get them rolling. Otherwise you’re wasting scintillating… just an opinion.

Again, the point is to use the leech and moonless to bump raw melee throughput by 30% almost passively.

FULL DISCLAIMER: I would still use ToI and Incarn for progression content where I am not comfortable and confident with my ability to survive alone. The set bonus feeding into IF rage dumping and ToI sustain is too good to ignore for this season, as far as combining damage and survivability options.

That’s not how DR calculation works.

You would take 90% of 90% of 94% damage (or 76% damage taken) and have an effective 24% DR total.

The only case it’s additive is with stacking buffs like RnT, where the 2% is additively calculated within the same buff instance.

I hadn’t heard about this. Are they really fixing this? If so thats a major hit to our galactic build dps as it will cause munching (loosing multiple procs at once) and require loosing GCD’s.

I was going to try a Galactic Thrash build without Rage of the sleeper or incarn to see if you could get good flat mitigation and damage instead of being so CD dependent. It probably wouldn’t be great but now its even worse.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1022722838618193973/1124444620575752222/image.png

Edit: Ah I get what you mean. If GG procs the two new moonfires can’t proc GG again not that it won’t auto cast if you already have the buff. Not sure why I confused that, I don’t think thats to bad as I don’t see it double or triple procing that often.

the way it works now your GG procs will consume the previous procs to increase the damage by 300%. in 10.1.5 this will no longer happen. you will still proc free moonfires but they will no longer have the 300% increase damage and rage generation unless manually casted

Oh so it will effect it. Ugh that sucks…

So you will still loose out on GCD’s and munch procs.