Twin Consorts Lore change

Calling them treasures and trophies is objectifying them.

Even if it wasn’t sexual objectification, even if they wern’t “consorts” as the name implys. He was objectifying them. If they were his consorts he was sexually objectifying them.

Blizzard seems to want to remove any and all instances of female objectification in thier game.

4 Likes

Do not know.
Divine law = axiom. What needs to be accepted, even if it hurts. It hurts precisely because you didn’t accept it.

No, faulty logic. This is violence.

Axiom. Yes. No.
Mutual confidence that the behavior is correct?

Is the slave’s point of view on slavery known?

1 Like

Twins are constructs. They are objects. Inanimate object. Right?

1 Like

Yeah, the self proclaimed God Emperor notorious for enslaving an entire race to build massive statues of himself probably does a fair deal of objectifying sentient beings.

Consort is just a term used to refer to partner of a reigning monarch. It is not a sexual title. It is synonymous with “husband” and “wife”

2 Likes

You just described divine law. I know what that means.

Are you suggesting oppression of women is ordained? Are you saying that systems of oppression against women are a divine right? Is it just something we have to accept because we’ve universally accepted a patriarchal regime? Is that what you are trying to say Shern?

It’s a man’s “divine right” to oppress women?

Even as “constructs” they still wouldn’t be objects because they are concsious beings. They are not objects.

1 Like

It is just weird to me to draw the line at women being objectified by a man renowned as an enslaving tyrant.

Enslave the entire Pandaren race for free labor? What a bad guy, can’t wait to overthrow him.

Objectifies his wives? Remove that from the game!

9 Likes

Aki, you call yourself a feminist but you have so much internalized misogyny it’s really hard to take you seriously on any topic. This topic especially.

You can tell you are a white woman, because your feminism only benefits rich white women. You also think poor people deserve poverty. I’m done with stupid people for the day.

2 Likes

WHAT?! LOL

How? It is a villain doing villainous things! Would you agree that objectification is bad? Then why wouldn’t a BAD GUY do it?!

Ren’s hot take is: If you think the objectification of women is bad, you are a mysogynistic white women LOL.

That post just gave me an aneurism man, holy hell. I can’t feel the left side of my face anymore.

10 Likes

I am saying that constructs can be suppressed.

How to distinguish complex programming from consciousness?

Could it be a stroke?

1 Like

Ren apparently doesn’t think white women are real women. Not sure what my skin color has anything to do with anything though. Could you imaging if she accused me of being anything other than white? Funny how that works.

7 Likes

Hello erevien.

What are the standard practices for checking for a stroke? The inability to raise one of the hands, clearly pronounce the name, numbness of half of the face, inability to stand on one leg?

In real life? You’re absolutely right, thankfully this is a video game.

3 Likes

Not just that. But we are specifically talking about a villain who’s whole schtick is making people property. His entire backstory has to do with the enslavement of the Pandaren. Like, ofc he is going to objectify women, he objectifies EVERYTHING! That’s why he is a RAID BOSS!

9 Likes

Women should be objects according to blizzard though.

3 Likes

The Mogu are descended from Titan constructs in the same way as the humans, dwarves and gnomes are. Like them, they are not stone constructs any longer, nor are they mere robots with base programming. The Mogu are individuals.

As for the rest of the thread… why must we bring IRL race politics into everything? It’s exhausting. This is literally a discussion about WoW lore.

1 Like

I can… ZERO.

You’re just another Erevien and I’m going to put you on /ignore as I did them.

1 Like

Nuance is difficult for people.

REAL sexism is people failing to recognize the difference between sexualizing women, and having women be sexual.

One is objectifying, the other is empowering.

REAL racism is attributing traits to a specific race to produce an inherent superiority or inferiority to that particular race, REGUARDLESS of which race it is.

Ren just BRILLENTLY outed herself as a sexist and a racist in one, glorious post. So says this white woman, who makes no apologies for being such.

5 Likes

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Titan_Runestone#Notes

Image of Wrathion whispers: You’ve found another stone. What have we learned? The curse of flesh made the mogu mortal. Ah - but later, they found a way to reverse the process. A clever race.

The Mogu turned themselves back into Stone Constructs!

4 Likes