Tusks of mannoroth farming

Nope. I literally got them today right after I made the forum thread. I attempted to get them on Lightstalker with repeated runs with shared lockout and it didn’t give me loot after the first attempt even though he was repeatable. I got it on a paladin. I have 7 plate classes I was going to keep trying with. I wished there was a way I could prove the loot time of my transmog runs with achievements but unfortunately there isn’t a time track system in order to prove that I got them after the post. It’s interesting that I have been accused of that though. I wouldn’t make a forum post asking how to get something just to brag. You can believe what you want though.

I was wrong. My achievements say that I recently completed Mythic and Heroic SOO for the first time. There’s my proof. Look at my recent achievements: Conqueror of Orgrimmar, Mythic: Garrosh Hellscream

Sorry I forgot to mention I did it on an alt named Rëäper from Uther and it was completed only one day earlier on 7-14-2019. There is my proof of completing it in a very short amount of time. It wasn’t even 24 hours of getting the drop. So there is my proof of not using the forum as a means of bragging. So now it’s been proven. My alliance and horde SOO completion has been linked on both alliance and horde progressions on my single account.

3 Likes

Just got my gorehowl axe. OWNED.

I got the tusks, just that it’s on my shaman.
Can’t even…

1 Like

That really sucks dude. I didn’t make the thread to brag though. I literally got them in under 10 runs within 24 hours of completing SOO for the first time.

How does the shared lockout work?

I understand the basic idea, but I don’t understand the mechanics of how to do it.

1 Like

I will later but right now I have to get off the computer because I am at work.

Run alt one through heroic all the way to garry. Then invite your plate wearing alt on a second account to the raid group and log off with the character that cleared to garry. Enter raid and kill garry on your plate wearing second account toon and loot then hearth and disband the raid.

When you log back in on your clearing toon you will see garry is still up, invite your next alt on the second account, rinse lather repeat.

Basically all you gotta do is get one of your Alts to clear all they up to but not including the last boss. Then never kill the last boss with that toon. Every week before reset you extend the raid lockout on that toon. Every week you use that toon to invite another of your Alts into the raid lockout toons group. Then when your other alt joins, they’re already locked and cleared to the last boss. Kill the last boss. Repeat as necessary. But never kill the last boss with your original raid lockout holder.

I think that’s it?

That sounds a lot simpler than I realized.

Thank you guys.

Sharing lockouts still works? Last time I tried, which to be fair has been a year or so, it changed my alt’s lock too.

The shared lockout worked for me on heroic. I was even able to still kill Garrosh on the same character even though it said he was dead. There was no loot however and that is why I made the forum thread. I guess blizzard made it so you cannot get loot from the same boss from the same character after he had been killed. The loot dropped on a fresh character who used the shared raid lockout(my human paladin). My draenei shaman was the raid lockout holder.
I think I was able to still kill him on the same character because I left group while fighting Garrosh until he died then got ported out of the dungeon raid instance.

Huh, thanks for making this thread and confirming that! :revolving_hearts:

I was farming Dragonsoul, so maybe it doesn’t work on raids before MoP anymore or something. Anyway, time to throw the alt army at Garrosh again.

Well SOO is MOP. Like I said it only seemed to work on heroic. I read something somewhere about it from a different site. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9mx0kx/is_there_a_strategy_to_farming_tusks_of_mannoroth/

Has to be Heroic, not Mythic.

Mythic uses a lockout ID, Heroic has flexible lockouts.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

When I was trying it a while ago, I was trying Heroic Dragonsoul so I assume it just doesn’t work for pre-MoP raids or something.

The tusks of mannoroth may very well be off the loot table at this point. Im not sure they even drop anymore. I could be wrong, just keep seeing threads complaining about them never dropping. Never been interested in them myself.

Heroic Dragonsoul uses Instance ID’s also.

SoO is the first raid that uses the new naming system. Normal Dragonsoul is the same difficulty as Heroic Siege, and Heroic Dragonsoul is the same as Mythic Siege.

Old raid lockouts can be really confusing.

Yeah, I know about the difficulty equivalencies but I would have sworn I used to use the saved raid lockout to farm Heroic Dragonsoul in MoP-WoD.

Took me just over 900 runs for invincible; can confirm it drops if you waste enough time for blizzards /played metric to take pity on you (I’m joking… partially… but it really does exist)

As for these tusks… I had a friend in MoP who looted them in progression and some dude offered her gold cap back then for them; she declined the offer. I won’t even attempt farming these

1 Like