Turning off pvp flag

I am hoping to have the option to turn off my pvp flag so I can go about my business w/o being ganked every other minute. Will this be possible?

If on a PvE server, yes.

:cactus:

10 Likes

Wha…hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahah
:rofl:

5 Likes

It’s called a PVE realm. It’ll never force the flag on unless you go to a zone owned by the enemy faction.

1 Like

4 Likes

Despite all my rage i’m still just a rat in the cage.

1 Like

Then you would like to roll on a PvE server then…

Because we dont want that BFA “INSERT DISEASE THATS IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE AND DESTROYS YOUR BODY AND ITS ABILITY TO FIGHT INFECTION HERE” in here.

2 Likes

Same as before the switch with BFA there is PvE and PvP servers (think of PvE like what you play now and PvP like having warmode on and asking all the high level players to gank you constantly)
Basically on a PvE server you can choose to not be flagged (default) or be flagged (either through PvP action, entering an enemy main city or by typing /pvp to toggle it)
On a PvP server you are flagged PvP always with no way to turn it off.

1 Like

I understand how PVE and PVP servers work as far as flagging. I am just worried that if I roll on a PVE server there will not be a decent pop to still raid on. But I know that the PVP servers will. So it would be nice to be able to roll on PVP servers for the pop but still be able to turn off my pvp flag, even if I had to take a xp debuff.

Just know, if you run around on one of those flagged, the other guy is pretty much guaranteed to get the opening shot on you, unless he’s conveniently also flagged.

If you flag yourself on a normal server and you’re being followed but not being attacked… Get ready, you’re about to get camped.

1 Like

Sort of, but a lot of the accidental flag mechanics will be there. So beware of trolls.

That doesnt exist in Classic.

If you want that, its in BFA.

PvP servers are PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER servers and you -cannot- turn it off.

I hope so.

:cactus:

that is just the thing, I would never turn my pvp on b/c I just don’t care for it. if I want to pvp I will go to a BG

1 Like

Then you’re looking for a PvE server.

3 Likes

This :arrow_double_up: . PvP servers, you don’t get a choice, you are flagged and there is nothing that you can do about it.

2 Likes

So you want to enjoy any benefit and privilege that may come from being on a PVP server, but you want a way to be exempt from any vulnerability while there?

It doesn’t work that way partner.

2 Likes

Until you kill something on your mage and run up and right click the corpse but miss and hit the stealthed flagged rogue that was waiting for you.

And this time around, the normal servers and PvP servers are probably going to be pretty equal in population. A lot of people just aren’t into world PvP anymore.

3 Likes

It’s off by default

LOL exatly what I want, it would be nice if they made it that way like BFA