Turn Vereesa into a Void Elf

See, the reason I’m ultimately OK with the VElves (outside of them being their own thing and being able to distinguish themselves with all the Void and Light content still to come) is that it’s written that they not only used Quel’thalas’ greatest traitor’s teachings to become what they are … but they are presumed to be toxic to the Sunwell. Even if not to the extent that Alleria is. Which means that even if their players were inclined towards BE content … its written in pretty reasonably why they cannot have it. Unless they want to doom all their race to the Void.

I’m 100% ok with Void Elves, I just don’t like them being used as a way to get another “prominent” race. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So do High Elves just not have a say on whether they want to be voided or not?

Sure, while you’re at it, make all Orcs Maghar and All Nightborne Blood Elves.

Since when has that ever stopped the Horde Posters from making this suggestion… AGAIN…

1 Like

I got bad news for you.

2 Likes

Is it an incredibly generalized and inaccurate statement putting words into the mouths of countless people you’ve never spoken to such as, “they already are?”

I’ve seen people ask for it. :man_shrugging:

Might as well. The Void Elves have already made the Void farcical as a corruptive threat. It is like Worgen, a ‘curse’ with at worst cosmetic drawbacks. At least Death Knights and Demon Hunters had to struggle a little to hold their edge lord cards.

2 Likes

Did they? Really?
I mean, The game just says they have to struggle but it’s not like you see it in game.

Ah the most useless of the 3 sisters.

Ho ahead and do whatever, no one would care anyway.

I see what you did there…

:pancakes:

The curse of something being playable since Blood Elves were added, I’m afraid. Blood Elves had the whole, magical withdrawal thing going for them, but for all we ever saw of it outside of Quel’Thalas it may as well have not been a thing. At least Blood Elves got one full expansion with that edge before Blizzard put the Sunwell back. Poor Worgen couldn’t even make it out of their starting quests before getting the same treatment.

1 Like

It is the same issue you get with warlocks for example. Realistically summoning demons should make city NPC’s scream for help and the guards attack you.

I don’t know why you’d want to turn Vereesa into Alleria 2.

I like that each of the sisters is a different type of Elf.

I don’t mind the idea of the Void elves and silver convenant working under the same banner. The high elves don’t necessarily have to become void elves.

In future it would be nice to see them get their own city built though.

Same as the Draenei and light forged working under the same banner as well.

3 Likes

Void Elves should’ve been former High Elves to begin with, not some random Blood Elf exiles we just now found out about. They would’ve been infinitely more interesting had they been the High Elves who followed Alleria to Outland and then later followed her to becoming Void and imprisoned along side her.

The unlock scenario could’ve been following Alleria to whatever prison Xe’ra put them in and freeing them.

5 Likes

We saw several Demon Hunters go insane and lose control of their demons and had to be put down in Legion. Have we seen one Void Elf even really struggle with it?

Death Knights have to constantly be in a state of war because they have to cause suffering to something to keep from starting to suffer ‘withdrawals’. Old lore but reinforced with the recent Horsemen Short Story. They are basically irreversibly addicted to causing pain. I am not aware of any such drawbacks the Void Elves have since apparently all they need to do is ignore the whispers and they are completely fine.

It popped up plenty in questing. Feeding their addition or trying to cure it was a common theme of BE quests while leveling. There was one researcher in Thousand Needles who’s quests I distinctly remember because her attempts to cure her addition pushed her closer to becoming wretched.

Again, name one example of a Void Elf, even just being mentioned, having lost control to the Void. Just one.

Also at least the BEs had a good narrative explanation why their ‘curse’ was cured. Nothing has changed about the Void Elf situation to explain why they are seemingly completely unaffected by their ‘curse’.

2 Likes

That would require the Void Elves actually having a story first, so I’m not sure how to help you. Blizzard threw them into the game without lore or story and basically left them there. Unlike the Blood Elves, they didn’t get two entire leveling zones all about them, and then an expansion featuring their struggles against a significant lore character or what have you.

You’re comparing an apple tree to a seed and asking for evidence that the seed has rot like some of the apples on the tree do.

2 Likes

They had a really good moment to show they have struggle in 8.3 with the N’zoth stuff but sadly the entire patch was so hurried (and botched) the Void Elves played no role at all. On top of that they now canonically have stated Wrathion can cleanse and make safe the sort of corruption void elves suffer easily.

1 Like

Yeah, the Vision of Stormwind just doesn’t count towards any Void Elves losing their battle with the Whispers because that’s just a future N’Zoth see’s as happening if he has his way. No Void Elves that I know of have lost the battle yet, though the ones from the Island Expeditions team had some stuff to say to the Horde that was sketchy. Wouldn’t have been surprised if it was just them playing mind games and trying to freak the other side out though.