Turn on the ability to upgrade Conquest Gear

We really do need this if blizz wants us to play our alts and find all the bugs before df hits, that or just make all pvp gear scale to highest ilvl

2 Likes

No, it’s broken and they don’t seem to care lmao

2 Likes

Notice in WOTLK pre-patch they let you buy all the gear for honor and grind as much as you want… Everyone grinded max gear on alts, had a blast doing it, and it kept them busy the entire time!

Can we move that mindset to retail?

7 Likes

I mean it’s kind of a thing now because you don’t lose rating in shuffle so everybody just gets free duelist-elite gear provided they put in some time.

Also no more ranks in a month.

ARe you sure it’s broken? After today maintenance, still can’t upgrade gear with Rated Solo rating

yes, its broken. they explicitly said that players would be able to continue to push rating and upgrade conquest gear during prepatch

3 Likes

Oh really. I’m fine with that so people can gear like you said, but I had no idea. Now I don’t want to queue on Ret though since it’s free like that. Will just focus on alts I guess.

You lose rating if you have 1 or 2 wins.

Just leave. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ah ok thanks.

You little rascal…

Yea, but maybe they meant for 2’s and 3’s, not the new Rated Solo? i dont know

1 Like

2s and 3s are also currently broken lmfao, apparently you can lose rating but not gain any

1 Like

I am a dbag, but not that big of a dbag.

Someone go wake up the guy who put on the conq boxes the other week … He can probably flick that switch real quick

Some Blue just made a post about Rated Solo update next week. But did not say anything about Upgrading Conquest gear.

1 Like

Blizz clarified everything in this post recently, thanks!

I’ve tested 2’s and 3’s the rating is locked and even when I win a game im unable to spend the honor for the relevant rank win I currently am.

1 Like

So you’re saying even when you play 2’s and 3’s, you still can’t upgrade your Conquest gear?

Dont bother. You win 10 matches and gain nothing, lose 1 and lose 20 rating. Blizzard has apparently recruited math majors from the special olympics to handle the rating system.

1 Like

Yes, it depends on MMR. If I’m 2200 and queuing with my 1400 buddy and it’s putting us into 1700 games then on losses I’ll go -24 but gain +0 on wins because I’m heavily favored.

This isn’t the most realistic scenario, but point gain (or loss) kind of swings around based on how much the system favors you in the particular matchup.