Turn off Dmg numbers on target

Trying to find a way to turn off DMG numbers on my targets. I Lag really bad in AV etc especially during AOE. I know we could turn them off in the past but I can’t find a way to do it now. Did I just miss a setting or did Blizzard remove this option?

and I really hope an Add on isn’t the only way especially when it was there before.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

There’s ways to do it. Download the addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions, and go into the settings. You can just check a box.

There’s also a macro for it. Lemme find it. I’ll edit this when I get back.

Edit: /run SetCVar(“CombatDamage”, 0)

That should do it. Here’s a link to the MMO champion page with macros for all of it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/706363-Macro-to-disable-and-enable-Blizzard-Combat-Text-(ALL-OF-IT)

3 Likes

I think it used to be in the default setting, something about showing healing and damage text. Damage didn’t bother me so much but healing on a priest makes your screen green.

I used to have the same problem. Checking/unchecking the box did nothing, I could still see floating damage numbers. The good news is that you don’t need an addon to fix it, a simple line of command in chat does the trick, but the bad news is that I don’t remember what it was lol.

Edit : I think I found it on MMOChamp :

/console floatingCombatTextCombatHealing 0
/console floatingCombatTextCombatDamage 0

30 Likes