Tuning needed? (Epic Battlegrounds)

I sure did, i’m freakin PUMPED! I hope they stay like this, and then get buffed again in S2

3 Likes

Pretty sure they wanted them stronger but not unkillable.

Blizzard has a hard time finding the good middle and not switching between dead instantly and unkillable.

1 Like

Nah, I say we leave em nigh unkillable right now. Blizz will undoubtedly “forget” to tune them up later, so let’s leave em tanky.

1 Like

No, we need NPC’s to stay strong, I don’t want epics to turn into 4 minute blitz every time. I actually like the start of expansion where the NPC are dangerous. Makes for actually playing the objectives as a group much better.

4 Likes

its funny to suggest this but why not farm your honor while syncd down to an easier bracket?

Totally funny. Or just be good and farm honor like normal people

Lol i was curious to see how it was like so i did an epic and was funny every single player in ashran went to farm npcs on horde and ally. i was watching the kill counter and both sides were dropn like flies to npcs toward the end i ended up watching the same ret pally die to mobs like 9 times

This is probably the best AV has felt in a loooong time frankly.

Unless if they scale NPC strength with the players, it will most likely be strong until players get conquest gear.

Diagree fully!

Guards should 1 shot anyone that isn’t a Tank. The Elites and Bosses should wipe the raid and you shouldn’t EVER be able to zerg a Boss. The tuning is fine because if the NPCs are dangerous that promotes PvP and putting effort into taking towers and tactical points.

AV, Isle and Ashran should be 30+ min BGs so they can be Epic. The end boss should 1 shot you if you don’t get out of the mechanic. You should have to rotate tanks and get towers/resources first.

Maybe for the first time Epic BGs will actually be Epic instead of a mindless zerg fest that isn’t worth Queing.

With that said as Prot I have 12.4 mil HP so these guards aren’t an issue because that is my roll to fight the guards and pull agro for my team. Again now we have to use strategy which is good.

it may sound i want them easy to deal with but npcs/vehicles should have some power to pressure players insted of doing nothing and be bystanding npcs but non elites should not be hitting for basic melees for 2M when in full conq we will be having around 8-10m hp depending on talents/bg stam foods/buffs

Disagree as I said. 2 million damage is fine. If a non tank solo interacts with a non elite guard they should die quickly (2-4 hits). It should be a group effort and Dps should be careful. This promotes healthy PvP.

I say this just playing the most fun AV I have ever experienced in almost 20 years of playing WoW. This is how it should be.

1 Like

AV is actually really fun right now imo with objectives along the map and end boss not being steamrollable

Forcing a lot of teamfights and ivus making appearances

It’s essentially a better ashran

Vehicle combat can kick rocks though

1 Like

And it promotes tank in Epic BG’s where they usually can be quite useless or annoying for other players. Now they have a job to keep aggro so their team don’t get 1 shotted.

I know we’ll reach a season 4 someday where tank are back at soloing Drek/Van… I hope they keep tuning it up as we go through the season.

When this starts to happen the Devs should proactively buff Drek/Van by 500%. I’d even put new Guards outside of there that Aoe 1 shot in a 100 yard radius if you haven’t taken down 3 towers.

In AV is you aren’t summoning the NPC and don’t have a few 100 hk’s then it wasn’t Epic. These Epic BGs are supposed to be about Epic large battles that take about 30-45 mins. That is the appeal in an Epic BG it’s supposed to be a longer form PvP battle.

I’m pretty sure the Devs can track how long Epic BGs are lasting if they are under 30 mins then they failed and need to fix something.

1 Like

Keep in mind that the achievement for Blitz need to be doable, but you’ll just have to bring in 5 tanks.

I’m having a lot of fun now! I’ll definitely gear my blood dk.

No I don’t think so now that we have Epic BGs. That achievement should be retired. We should move forward with Epic BG design which is the long format and actual Epic PvP battles where players are engaged in tactical fights and getting 100’s of HKs.

Again if some team brings 5 Tanks then Blizz should add Tank busters like I suggested where you have to take 3 Towers first. These BGs need to be Epic. They should never end before 20 mins but 30 mins is the sweet spot.

Exactly and this is the goal. Most fun I’ve ever had in AV was yesterday in almost 20 years of WoW. Why do we want to ruin that for an achievement? Remove the antiquated achievement no zerging in Epic BGs it doesn’t belong.

2 Likes

On a side note I’m not sure, the massive Tank changes in design that got everyone upset which was removing their capabilities to solo in M+ I’m not sure if you read the massive changes to Tank design but I main Prot and it’s worth the read. Blizz took steps to specifically make sure a Tank NEEDs healers.

In BGs I can sustain relatively okay vs player but there is no chance I can do that vs Bosses. Even the Raiding target dummy absolutely hurts soon as I touch it. This is what Blizz wants. They want Tanks to feel threatened and for Healers to have to focus heals into them. (as long as they don’t reverse this design then no one is soloing them)

Which is a good thing, I hope Blizz don’t listen to the outcries of Tanks should solo and healers shouldn’t heal them.

I have seen some chatter about tanks, but not sure what the impact is.

My Prot pally is benched and playing Ret instead… I feel like having word of glory using mana really bad change.

It was a massive rework of Tanks that happened before TWW. It was a change in design philosophies which is why also everyone got 60% more stamina. (Game is designed around M+)

The long story short Tanks should take damage but then give time for healers to heal them. Without the healer they will die. All sustain was nerfed and stam increased to smooth out damage so healers can react.

As for PvP so far it feels good because I have 13 mil HP buffed. So I can react defensively vs burst. I can sustain some, I have cheat deaths and second wind now so I’m good. I just won’t top myself off after getting chuncked.

1 Like