Trying to learn WW in PVP and struggling

So I want to learn WW in pvp, and I get I don’t have full honor gear (about half and half with crafted) and am in skirmishes with another dps player, but I feel like I just die, doesn’t matter what I do. I can push a defensive. If I can get in without getting CCed or a mage blinking away I can do good damage. and have a defensive ready to go. But I can’t seem to get there. Usually some rogue/hunter/ druid instantly opens up on me and my defensives don’t seem to absorb much. If I live it and get to port out trying to heal myself (despite the 40% increase to vivify) I heal for nothing and have even bled out to bleeds from 15% while actively vivifying. Am I missing something here?

Are you doin BGs or arenas/ss?

WW is squish and more often than not you may have to layer defensives. Our goes are very predictable and thus very easily countered so more often than not you’ll either have to trade CDs first or catch someone out rather than flat out gunning them down through CDs.

It might also help if you post on your monk so the build you’re playing can be seen.