Trying to do "Been Waiting a Long Time for This"

This achievement requires me to get 30 stacks of the Necrotic plague before killing the lich king and I’m not getting how the necrotic plague stacks. It says I need 30 stacks for the achievement, but it doesn’t stack, I just get the debuff for 15 seconds, it jumps to a mob, shows 2 stacks on the mob and then disappears.

Am I doing something wrong?

It’s been bugged for a long time. It no longer stacks. I’ve put in a couple tickets but It doesn’t appear to be fixed yet.

It has to be duoed. Soloing depends on ghouls receiving Necrotic Plague and surviving it long enough to infect another ghoul. As much as we overlevel the NPCs now, that’s impossible – the plague gets bonus damage from the level difference and completely smokes the first ghoul infected, breaking the chain before it can start.

I doubt there’s any easy way to fix that, since it’s a side effect of a desired feature (level difference power) which makes soloing possible. In any event, you can duo it between 2 players (and quickly killing any NPCs at range before they can steal the plague).

I forgot about this thread as it never got answered. But you guys are right. I was able to complete it with a guildie. I speced unholy and had my ghoul pet tank the lich king, we killed any adds and just let the necrotic plague bounce back and forth between us. ezpz!

So yeah, maybe a bug or something but this cannot be done solo’d.